Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hi. Just switched to Cingular and got the Treo 650. Unfortunately, I've found out that Cingular has a pocket of poor reception around my house. Question is this; I basically got the Treo so it would easily sync the address book and iCal from my Mac. The other functions are bonuses. I travel some and if I can get these functions on my phone it's one less gadget I have to carry. I'm still within my 30 days so I can return the Treo if something else looks better.

Is there a different phone available that can easily sync my Mac based address book and iCal? I'm not married to any carrier.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Why not try the Sprint version of the Treo 650?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    That's definitely an option. According to their map, Cingular's coverage is much more widespread. However, if it doesn't work where I need it most it's not much use. Do you use Sprint? If so, how's the coverage been?
    I'm not married to any carrier, or to any device or OS. I am trying every last one of them out till I settle on what works best for me.

I went from Kyocera7135 to Treo650 with Sprint to PPC6601 with sprint to Sx66 with Cingular. And I'm still keeping an open mind.
    Last edited by TonyH; 02/19/2005 at 12:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I live in Minneapolis, and coverage is great in the metro area, and pretty good outstate along the major roads.
  6. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Check out the Bluetooth phones that work with iSync 1.5:

iSync

This might help narrow your search.
    Sprint typically has very good coverage in and around urban-suburban areas. And you can roam anywhere on the Verizon network. But every carrier has weak or dead spots, and those areas can change as buildings get built or torn down, towers get built or moved, etc.

You'll just have to try it in your area and see.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.