Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Actually I haven't tried the MP3s yet...just saw them listed with the updated PhotoContacts from the iJam, so maybe not. I will try it and see

Cool tip on the changing accounts, I didn't know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    Hey Hobbes, how do you use MP3s as ringtones? I copied one to the windows/ring directory and then opened up the Add Ring Tones applet, but don't see it listed. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I don't know if people know this since I haven't seen it anywhere, but while in Inbox, you can change and scroll through accounts by clicking the D-pad right or left. Now, if there was only some way to hit the send/receive button without using the stylus that would be great (if there is a way, I haven't figured it out yet).

Thanks,
    To hit send/recieve, press Fn-Menu-S on the keyboard. That's cool about the DPad, when I have two accounts in there (I will be setting up an IMAP4 soon) that will come in really handy.....

PS The menu key, if you didn't know already, is on the right arrow key at the bottom right of the keyboard... this key comes in very handy, i only wish you didnt have to hit Fn first to hit it as I use it often....
    Last edited by limesparks; 02/21/2005 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added post script
    *sparks*
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i must be old school. i just tap the edge of my thumb on the send/receive button, much like i do in pie when i want to access my favorites, just tap the star with my thumb :P
    but this registry editor has got me thinking perhaps pie has values designated for video/audio stream buffer... btw those pics and video rock! quite impressed with some of them...flash must make a huge difference! or else cmos on the 6600 is A material. btw hobbes, any reason you chose 19 fps instead of 25 or 30? i realize what the increase implies...but why 19? that keyboard light on all the time sounds...irritating, especially if it really drains battery . have you seen any difference? what i find amusing is i have an earlier version of the 6601 and unlike some current 6601's, i dont have a "phone" application under programs... any other new apps 6600 comes with? check the windows directory...i actually found the camera program on the 6601 and it has a few portrait and frame backgrounds for pictures (i saw the man/woman of the year and recognized it immediately) try opening album and directing it to the windows directory..you might be surprised
    sledgie
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by limesparks
    To hit send/recieve, press Fn-Menu-S on the keyboard. That's cool about the DPad, when I have two accounts in there (I will be setting up an IMAP4 soon) that will come in really handy.....

PS The menu key, if you didn't know already, is on the right arrow key at the bottom right of the keyboard... this key comes in very handy, i only wish you didnt have to hit Fn first to hit it as I use it often....
    That's a great tip. I am not sure everyone knows that you can activate the contact-sensitve menu by pressing Fn-Menu. Does anyone know how to access the menus on the bottom directly (once open, the D-pad works) and how to change tabs when in some of the settings menus?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Actually I haven't tried the MP3s yet...just saw them listed with the updated PhotoContacts from the iJam, so maybe not. I will try it and see

Cool tip on the changing accounts, I didn't know that.
    Thanks Hobbes. Let me know what you figure out. It might only work on the Jam. Do you know of a free program that can convert MP3s to WMA? Audacity is good for changing the volume, but it can only save to MP3 or WAV. The .wav files are pretty big and I would rather store a compressed version.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  6.    #66  
    On another thread I posted:

Loud Ringtones!!!!!!

You will find a link to another free program that I use to convert from MP3 files. These two programs are what I used to create the Pirates of Carribean Movie Theme Song Ringtone posted on that thread as well.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    On another thread I posted:

Loud Ringtones!!!!!!

You will find a link to another free program that I use to convert from MP3 files. These two programs are what I used to create the Pirates of Carribean Movie Theme Song Ringtone posted on that thread as well.
    Thanks Hobbes. I forgot about that other thread.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    That's a great tip. I am not sure everyone knows that you can activate the contact-sensitve menu by pressing Fn-Menu. Does anyone know how to access the menus on the bottom directly (once open, the D-pad works) and how to change tabs when in some of the settings menus?

Thanks,
    I just stumbled on another shortcut that I am not sure people know about. If you are in Inbox as long as there is at least one message highlighed, you can press and hold the D-Pad center button (I think it's called the Action Button) and it brings up the contact-sensitive menu. From there, you can use the D-Pad up and down key to select an action (including send/receive; delete, reply, new etc.). You don't even have to slide open the keyboard.
    Jeff
  9.    #69  
    It is funny how many P1'ers claim their biggest con to the PPC OS is you can't do anything without the stylus.

See, stuff like this is what I have been talking about with being able to use the 660x either one handed or at the very least without touching the stylus or screen.

Keep up the great hints, tips, and secrects that you find!
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    It is funny how many P1'ers claim their biggest con to the PPC OS is you can't do anything without the stylus.

See, stuff like this is what I have been talking about with being able to use the 660x either one handed or at the very least without touching the stylus or screen.

Keep up the great hints, tips, and secrects that you find!
    I think the biggest problem is that none of this one-handed stuff is documented in any of the manuals. We have to find it all by accident.
    Jeff
    Sorry to leave you all in such suspense!

But yesterday and today are just swamped at work. I will try to get some pictures posted later today.

Yes you can set your default video and picture folder anywhere on the phone in either memory or SD Card.

Here are the versions for the 6600:

ROM (Software Version): 1.36.00 WWE
    ROM Date: 1/13/05
    Firmware (Radio Version): HA00_140
    Protocol: AAA3.3.301
    Model: PH20A2
    Hardware: 0041
    PRL: 10025
    Date Manufactured: 31 Jan 2005

AND.....

BT Ver 1.0 build 3500
    All BT Modules are 3500, except BtCeStack.dll is 3601
    Hey Hobbes, I got my 6600 today

Where did you find the Mfg Date info?

The rest of my specs match up with yours..

I only just started tinkering, but already i notice some improvements... The slider is MUCH tighter than my last one was on day one, which will hopefully stay that way, my 6601 was loose, not TOO loose like frh had posted, but a little on the flimsy side. This one is rock solid.
    *sparks*
    Good going Sparks....Glad I was of help.

It's funny after all of this, and finally getting the 6600, which I am finding other neat little extras, like you can use MP3s as ringtones, etc... My phone may defective. Just a little defect. It appears that my keyboard light comes on each time my screen light comes on. And turns off at the same time as well. I went into the registry and set the keyboard time to 10 sec. Didn't do anything. I then set the value to 0 for the On/Off Keyboard light in the registry. And that didn't do anything either. It isn't a big deal, except for a long day when I need that extra battery power.

Don't know if it worth exchanging after everything. But not all hope is lost yet. I did install the new cab file for photocontacts from the Imate phone. I am backing up my phone right now and then I am going to do a hard reset to see if that fixes that problem. Then I can restore by backup and see if the problem comes back. If so, another hard reset and watching closely as I set everything up again.

Yup...after a hard reset...the keyboard lights are connected to the screen lights. Weird......well maybe if I "Discover" this problem in 4 months from now, i can talk my way up to a 6606 or 6608!
    Hobbes, I think yours is defective, I dont have a keyboard light issue as you are describing. The keyboard backlight is independent of the screen backlight, just as it was on my 6601.
    *sparks*
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by limesparks
    Hobbes, I think yours is defective, I dont have a keyboard light issue as you are describing. The keyboard backlight is independent of the screen backlight, just as it was on my 6601.
    Ya, I know, but I am not in a big hurry to have it replaced....not at least I get the chance to return the 6601 first (I am still waiting for the bubble package).

As for the getting the information, open up the dialpad and dial ##786# and you will see it all, include the manufactured date, the total lifetime calls and minutes of the phone, etc....
  14.    #74  
    I think the biggest problem is that none of this one-handed stuff is documented in any of the manuals. We have to find it all by accident.
    I agree. I should write an PPC e-Book and sell it on eBay!
    How can you type on these flat keys with those big fat paws?

I like the virtual keyboard and transcriber. Yes, I'm a stylus nut(actually fat pen/stylus). I guess in the eyes of PPC660X bashers I give the PPC a bad reputation. Maybe I should be expelled from the PPC community. No, wait.... :EEK:
    Ya, I know, but I am not in a big hurry to have it replaced....not at least I get the chance to return the 6601 first (I am still waiting for the bubble package).

As for the getting the information, open up the dialpad and dial ##786# and you will see it all, include the manufactured date, the total lifetime calls and minutes of the phone, etc....
    Ah good, I forgot about that from another post... I found another difference, not sure that it will matter, but the bluetooth connection wizard on my 6601 has two additional options that are not on the new 6600: "High Quality Audio Setup" and "Connect to a keyboard"... is everyone else missing these on the 6600?
    *sparks*
    Hey PPC660X folks,

One thing I think we need is an app like Treo Butler but for the 660X. Specifically, I would like to be able to open applications with a long hold of a keyboard key.

Another app that would be great ported over to the PPC is KeyCapsHack. That would help a lot in typing special characters or capitals.

Anyone know of any PPC versions of these apps?
    Can any one post these frames? I lost mine....

Picture Frames. You can also choose fun (or dorky) Picture Frames that show up on the screen so you can aim to get someone's face just right in the frame. I can see the exploding with custom Picture Frames to download. You have the choice of the following frames out of the box:

Cartoon Cherub Heart with a Cloud
    Cartoon Pastel Color of 3 star bursts
    Woman Magazine Cover & Man Magazine Cover (this one is actually kinda cool)
    Cartoon Clothes Line with 2 photos hanging on the line
    Hello everybody,

I have just registered to this forum. It looks like I would be able to find the answers to most of my questions related to 6600. Thanks to the ones who built this site.

Well, I bought my 6600 1/2 months ago and I would like to increase the video recording size of it. I was searcing on the net for some kind of hacking technique and I have found Hobbes' way of hacking. But I cannot find where the HKey Local Machine is located. With which program would I be able to access the registry and change it's settings? Or is there a code or something to access?

Any answer will be appreciated. Thank you.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp
    Hello everybody,

I have just registered to this forum. It looks like I would be able to find the answers to most of my questions related to 6600. Thanks to the ones who built this site.

Well, I bought my 6600 1/2 months ago and I would like to increase the video recording size of it. I was searcing on the net for some kind of hacking technique and I have found Hobbes' way of hacking. But I cannot find where the HKey Local Machine is located. With which program would I be able to access the registry and change it's settings? Or is there a code or something to access?

Any answer will be appreciated. Thank you.
    You need a registry editor. This is what I use and it's free: http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

Also, while you are at that site, check out the other cool apps he has for the PocketPC.

I don't know if you already know about this, but another good forum for information is www.pdaphonehome.com. They even have a dedicated forum for this device: http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/f...s=&forumid=168
    Jeff
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast