1.    #1  
    I called Sprint tech support today re: a BoD fix (its been driving me nuts lately) and when speaking with a tier 1 support tech, they asked me which phone i had, the PPC6600, 6601 or "6606". I said "6606? What are the features of that one?" and he said he wasnt sure, and he passed me on to Tier 2 (apparently you are automatically sent to them for pocket pc issues now?) who basically told me that the Tier 1 guy wasn't supposed to mention the 6606 because there is no official plan of releasing it. He also wouldn't give me any further info about it. Can anyone confirm anything about this? What could it possibly be? A wifi version?

by the way, the tech i talked to told me that they are still trying to determine if the BoD is a software or network issue, and that no fix that he knows about is forthcoming from audiovox/htc.
    *sparks*
    I can't say I've heard of an Audiovox PPC6606.

How often do you get that data beep? I only heard it twice in almost a month when I was using the 6601. Do you have P-IE running at the time when talking on the phone?

I know the SX66 does not have that beep. I'm not sure if it is unique to Sprint phones.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I can't say I've heard of an Audiovox PPC6606.

How often do you get that data beep? I only heard it twice in almost a month when I was using the 6601. Do you have P-IE running at the time when talking on the phone?

I know the SX66 does not have that beep. I'm not sure if it is unique to Sprint phones.
    I get it 2-3 times a day, using the phone for an average of 15-20 calls per day. Sprint said it may be specific to CDMA, thus possibly the reason the SX66 doesnt have the problem. Does the XV6600 have it? My boss has one but he rarely uses it for phone calls so he wouldnt be a good gauge. I get it when no apps are open, although my device connects to my exchange server every 5 mins for sync. Unfortunately, I don't see a quick way to disable the 3G when on a call, but i suspect that is the culprit.
    *sparks*
    Check out the XV6600 forum at pdaphonehome.com

I don't recall if the Verizon people complained about the data beep, aka BoD.
    There have been a VERY few XV6600 users claiming they have experienced it....but I personally think they just felt lonely and wanted some extra attention. I think that it is a challenged reserved for just us Sprint users.

Others have posted that AudioVox has claimed to be addressing the BoD issue with an update soon. I have talked with AudioVox so I do not have any first hand confirmation on this.

BTW, with my new 6601 I just got this last week, out of 127 calls made and received so far, not a single BoD. I have BC set to push so it recieves data on a regular basis. Along with several other programs, i.e. Weather 1.0 and Pocket Express updating throughout the day.

As far as a 6606....this is news to me as well. I wonder if it is the XDA III? If so...ebay here I come with my 6601!
    I have had the XV6600 since 12/27/04. No BoD with this device in my experience (fingers crossed and hoping).

Bob Duckworth
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    I have had the XV6600 since 12/27/04. No BoD with this device in my experience (fingers crossed and hoping).

Bob Duckworth
    man, what a hassle and expense it would be for me to switch to Verizon just to get the *66* to work for me... sprint had better come through with a fix!!
    *sparks*