1.    #1  
    For those interested in live TV streaming, Orb has released a beta for XP users. It took me about 45 minutes to set up, and I had no problems. I have a Diamond PVR550 tuner card with MPEG-2 hardware encoder, and a Sprint PPC-6601. Loaded the drivers for the tuner card. Then I installed the Orb software. I'm not sure if it works with satellite programming, I have Cox Standard and Digital Cable. Just logged onto www.orb.com from PIE from my 6601, and had access to all my cable tv programming in full screen landscape mode.

Previous to this, I had tried to get live TV streaming to work with beyond tv and snapstream. Spent and wasted 4 days trying to get it to work. No luck. First the problem was that I had a hardware MPEG encoder on my tuner card, which was incompatible with beyond tv live streaming. Then I got an ATI all-in-wonder card. Couldn't get it to work. Read all the beyond tv and snapstream forums, posted questions, read everything in the knowledge database, and nothing but a big headache and an angry girlfriend for being obsessed for days with trying to get live tv streaming to work. I know others have had better luck than I with beyondtv.

I've been trying orb xp for 2 days, and am satisfied so far. Video and sound quality is pretty good. If you get alot of buffering and sound staggering problems, you need to change the device connection speed manually on your ppc to a slower speed than orb originally automatically detected. Video quality will be worse, but the audio will be smooth. Ultimately, no one is more happy about this that my son. Now that he can watch NickToons on my ppc, he's alot less hyper in the backseat of the car. And I can watch ESPN in the car while waiting for my girlfriend out in the mall parking lot
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    very nice indeed. i went with beyond tv because it didn't need the install of mce and has a 21 day trial. i have aiw 9700 pro. what problems did you have?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    very nice indeed. i went with beyond tv because it didn't need the install of mce and has a 21 day trial. i have aiw 9700 pro. what problems did you have?
    With BeyondTV, in pocket internet explorer, when I was logged into http://myisp/mobile, I can see a list of channels, with a link to "play stream." When I tried to click the link, it opens up Windows Media Player 9, with this error: "a network problem occurred playing this file. Verify that you are connected to the network, and then try again." And in the PIE browser, it said: "Server error in '/' application. Runtime error." I couldn't figure out what the problem was, so I gave up.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ahh, it did not like your drivers for the aiw. i had that problem a few times. i'm sure you set up the stream on port 8080 since you were able to log in from pie. beyondtv's support site is good. did you download the latest aiw drivers? that is how i solved my problem