1.    #1  
    a little on the large side, but pretty cool new phone

http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3584.html
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Fugly!!!
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    that is the new MDA IV... i like it... i also like the fact that it has mini usb. i'm hoping that's a SD slot and not a mini-SD on the bottom. quite unfortunate they compared it to one of the smallest cell phones out there. i'm not sure if it has a 2.8 inch screen or 3.5. looks almost exactly like jam when closed, and that is pretty small itself
    That is the ugliest damn thing I have ever seen. It's like holding a mirror up to your ear.

I'd take the Mpx over that any day.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Ok, I was just looking at the review they compared it to. The Audiovox STM 5600 has a 2.2" screen, I'm guessing that one is the same size as the current MDA III/Blue Angel and has a 3.5" screen by comparisons of the screen. I'm just approximating, but it would appear that is the case since the MDA line has 3.5" screens (ignore my dumb post about it looking like the Jam cosmetically so it must be same size)
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    STM 5600 is a Smartphone, Blue Angel is Pocket PC Phone. Two very different devices. The first is much smaller (more like a phone than a pda). The second is larger and is more like a pda than a phone.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Potentially, the most pathbreaking device since the Treo 270/300. Each new "other handheld" raises the bar and increases the competition. Mini-USB: imagine the possibilities.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    mmmmm. . . 640 x 480 screen, mini USB, as I said in the other MDA IV thread, I could see myself ditching sprint for this phone.

And thanks to bluetooth, I don't even have to feel self concious about holding it up to my head.

Only real problem I have with it is the Qwerty keyboard. . . Since I use a dvorak based keyboard, it'd be a bit tough typing. But no more than what I have to put up with on my treo.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    STM 5600 is a Smartphone, Blue Angel is Pocket PC Phone. Two very different devices. The first is much smaller (more like a phone than a pda). The second is larger and is more like a pda than a phone.
    Both the SMT5600 and the MPX220 are pocket pc phones that are crippled by the lack of QWERTY keyboard and also touch screen. The only way to input is through T9-multitap, which is a drag.

I like the clamshell form, and I wanted to buy the MPX220, but backed off when I tried it in the store and looked at the manual. For me, no touch screen and graffiti...no sale.
    I agree the MDIV looks ugly. LOL

It reminds me of Sidekick, but is probably even bigger.

MDIV is capable, but has ugly form factor
    The better hurry up and strike a deal with Palm to make a windows CE smart phone using the treo 600 form factor...Not the 650 that's for us.

:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I agree the MDIV looks ugly. LOL

It reminds me of Sidekick, but is probably even bigger.

MDIV is capable, but has ugly form factor
    I'm good enough looking to not have worry about the sexy appeal of my phone/pda convergence device.

If it is the most capable phone out there (and is available in US).....it has my attention.