Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. sledgie's Avatar
    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #21  
    i dont see anyone here complaining about that.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    you guys are all saying stuff about how you actually just buy another phone and plan just so you can switch between 2 phones? why don't you just do ESN swaps. when i do an esn swap for a broken phone for someone at work- the phone is activated before i hang up with the CSR- i've done it hundreds of times. i have switched between a treo and samsung i500 and a ppc6600 when doing tests and the only annoyance is i have to have a landline phone to call sprint with.
    Who said you gotta buy a phone and new plan to switch phones?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    you guys are all saying stuff about how you actually just buy another phone and plan just so you can switch between 2 phones? why don't you just do ESN swaps. when i do an esn swap for a broken phone for someone at work- the phone is activated before i hang up with the CSR- i've done it hundreds of times. i have switched between a treo and samsung i500 and a ppc6600 when doing tests and the only annoyance is i have to have a landline phone to call sprint with.
    Actually, I only have one plan that I share the minutes between the two phones.
    *sparks*
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    it must've been the excitement than made my thumbs skinnier, LOL.
    :
    skinny thumbs? Tony, 800 posts in a month and a half, it's a wonder you haven't burned them off.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  5. #25  
    I'm trying to set a record on Treocentral My thumbs are too fat for typing on any PDA.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by limesparks
    I looks like one of those 5 mile walkie talkies, but with extra buttons!


    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    How is the new PPC6601, Hobbes?

    Btw, which vision plan do you have? You remember they wanna charge $30 for the Vision professional when using a PPC? If anyone has that problem, and does not need business connection, just switch to the Vision Premium. Unlike the professional plan, it has no penalty for PPC phones.
    It is GREAT.....I now have GPS, email, internet, excel, word, games, etc... back in my hands again! It is amazing, after not having it for a month and seeing all the stock photos online of it, it still always seems a lot smaller in my hands than it always in pictures.

    As for vision, they will usually grandfather you in with the same price you had before. That is why some are only paying $10 or $15 a month for vision, even though they have PPC that officially should be $30 a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum
    you guys are all saying stuff about how you actually just buy another phone and plan just so you can switch between 2 phones? why don't you just do ESN swaps. when i do an esn swap for a broken phone for someone at work- the phone is activated before i hang up with the CSR- i've done it hundreds of times. i have switched between a treo and samsung i500 and a ppc6600 when doing tests and the only annoyance is i have to have a landline phone to call sprint with.
    That's an option I guess, but would a huge pain if you needed to do it on a daily basis, or several times a day. I would love to have a SIM card or have Sprint activate the virtual SIM they have been working since the launch of 3G, so I can use my 6601 while at work and then use a low end normal cell phone when taking my son to the park in the evening.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I looks like one of those 5 mile walkie talkies, but with extra buttons!
    Tell me about it! I missed fedex today but will be lugging that thing around soon enough... hilarious review to follow i am sure

    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    As for vision, they will usually grandfather you in with the same price you had before. That is why some are only paying $10 or $15 a month for vision, even though they have PPC that officially should be $30 a month.
    Actually, Hobbes, I never had Vision before i got the PPC... I just asked for the "PCS Vision Access Pack" that I saw on Sprints business site in some pdf doc for $15.00/mo. This was actually AFTER i got the phone, too, because i had to call and remove the PCS Wireless Web minutes another mistaken Sales person had added to my account thinking I would need that for the PPC. Now, whether or not they screwed up, I am paying $15/mo and never had Vision before, no grandfathering... Although I have been a regular SprintPCS customer for about 6 years.
    *sparks*
  8.    #28  
    then the best thing to do is call in and if the rep won't give it to you for $15, the "accidently" disconnect yourself and call back again until you get a rep who is willing to do it......bottom line is they can do it for you, if the rep really wants to.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions