1.    #1  
    What do you guys think about this phone?

Motorola MPx

?

Nate
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    This was discussed extensively on HoFo.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=550550

Bottom line: Like any PPC phone, it needs 64 MB of RAM in order to meet minimum usability requirements. At 64 MB, the user must actively manage memory and store as much data as possible on the SD card. At 128 MB, the user can simply use the damned phone and not worry about these technical details.
    The MPx only has 32 MB of RAM. This pretty much gets you the "you've got to be kidding" reaction from veteran PPC users.
    According to the rumor mill, the next version of the phone (due out later this year) will have more memory.
    You might try doing a search. The form factor is cute, but I really worry about that double-jointed hinge breaking at some point. Also, Motorola took a page from PalmOne's book and decimated the memory; 32MB is very low for a PPC. Just my $.02...
    If you can live with T9 text input to write long emails, documents, etc then the Moto MPX220 is not bad. I know I can't stand it because it has neither QWERTY keyboard, nor touch screen to enable graffiti. What the hell was Moto thinking when they made this brick?
    This has been discussed here too, Nathan, and here is my favorite post:http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=Afrocreame
    Be sure you scroll down to get Afrocreame's video. It's a 32MB download, but it'll give you a great sense for this device. Otherwise, you'll find some small videos on the HoFo link above. The price alone (if it's really $900) will be a barrier, and people will complain about memory and other limitations even if they haven't tried it. Motorola may limit it to Europe and Asia where people tend to be less negative. All devices are compromises. This is a very cool and innovative design, it's loaded, and it seems to have a great screen; I'll try it if it comes to my neighborhood.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    This phone is pretty much obsolete before it's even been released...
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Vaporware!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Vaporware!
    Don't see how you can call a device vaporware when it has already been released! Okay, so maybe not in the U.S. yet, but it has been out in Asia for several weeks and many, many of us here in the U.S. have a production model.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    No U.S. release = vaporware to me.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Besides telling your friend you have a "smartphone (TM)" to claim e-*****, has no advantage over non-smartphones like K700i or E398.

It's a joke. My friend has one.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Huh? You want to try writing in coherent english next time? Might help.