1.    #1  
    For those of you waiting for your 6601....good news mine was shipped yesterday and arrived today!!!!!

Man, does it feel good to hold it again!!! I have been so lost without my calendar, contacts, email, web, GPS, Excel, and of course the games!

I just got back from a major manager's meeting with VPs of our company and our Client.....and it came one day too late to show it off to those who haven't had a chance to see it yet....I know pride will get you in trouble every time....but I just can't help it!

Now to install everything just perfect all over again!
    i just got off the phone with my business rep. they said the ppc6600 is delayed for another 2-3 months. expected around end of april or beginning of may.

she told me if i wanted a 6601, to get it in the stores. i said this is a business phone, but she said they should have them. *shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    i just got off the phone with my business rep. they said the ppc6600 is delayed for another 2-3 months. expected around end of april or beginning of may.

she told me if i wanted a 6601, to get it in the stores. i said this is a business phone, but she said they should have them. *shrugs*
    Just curious. but any news on why the additional delay? Is it related to the beep issue?

Bob Duckworth
    Hobbes-good for you. I know you have the BT keyboard/mouse but have you tried out any BT headsets? You sound like a power user who uses lots of minutes. Ever get tired of holding it up to your ear or is the weight overblown? Thanks.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Does that mean that the bug fix is another few months away? They're going to be past six months pretty soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    Just curious. but any news on why the additional delay? Is it related to the beep issue?

Bob Duckworth

if you ask me the 6600 will never go out. Sprint is VERY anti integrated WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    Does that mean that the bug fix is another few months away? They're going to be past six months pretty soon!
    The resemblance to BJork is is striking.

I'm happy for you, Hobbes. Show it off and brag. LOL

I may go for the SX66 and the built-in WiFi if I return my PPC6601. Undecided yet. Still have a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    For those of you waiting for your 6601....good news mine was shipped yesterday and arrived today!!!!!

Man, does it feel good to hold it again!!! I have been so lost without my calendar, contacts, email, web, GPS, Excel, and of course the games!

I just got back from a major manager's meeting with VPs of our company and our Client.....and it came one day too late to show it off to those who haven't had a chance to see it yet....I know pride will get you in trouble every time....but I just can't help it!

Now to install everything just perfect all over again!

Damn, I thought you had gotten that weeks ago, son. Guess I got mine in the nick of time, before stock ran low. Well, I'm glad you're back. I have had mine only 3 weeks and I already don't know how I lived without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hobbes-good for you. I know you have the BT keyboard/mouse but have you tried out any BT headsets? You sound like a power user who uses lots of minutes. Ever get tired of holding it up to your ear or is the weight overblown? Thanks.

I know that question was for Hobbes, but I can say it really doesn't bother me when I hold the thing to my ear. At first I thought it felt weird but I've totally gotten used to it. I plan to use it that way until the BT800 comes out. Has anyone heard of any compatibility issues w/ the BT800 and the 6601? I had the BT250 for a week, too many BT problems so I returned it.
    Last edited by limesparks; 02/10/2005 at 02:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    if you ask me the 6600 will never go out. Sprint is VERY anti integrated WiFi.
    I thought the only difference with the 6600 was the camera. It may/will have wifi as well?
    *sparks*
    just the camera. no wifi. heard the delay is that they're trying to resolve the beep issue.
    I don't mind holding mine to my ear at all. I much prefer that than to look like some creature from star trek wearing a big bug on my ear. I think those look soooo ridiculous...of course I haven't found a real need for one, yet since I don't spend hours on the telephone.

If people weren't so inconsiderate when they wore them, I might not notice as much. I think one looks much more conspicuous wearing a headset and talking loudly into the air, trying to get their voice around to their ear, than someone holdling a small square box to their ear.
    Ever get tired of holding it up to your ear or is the weight overblown?
    I don't see how holding a PPC6600 to one's ear is any different from holding a Treo 650to one's ear. They both have the bulky soap bar form. When someone used my Treo650 by putting it over their ear they felt weird.

As for the bluetooth headset, I'm quite comfortable with mine. On rare occasions someone would ask me if it's a mini phone, and if I don't wanna go into details I say "Yup, that's what it is."
  14.    #14  
    just the camera. no wifi. heard the delay is that they're trying to resolve the beep issue.
    We have never known the cause of the delay. The silence from AudioVox & Sprint on the delay is certainly not a good customer pleasing tactic and they should be certainly faulted for that.

The delay could be one of 5 million reasons or an infinite combination of any of those reasons. It could be due to software issues, bugs as you have mentioned, coordinating the upcoming sprint EVDO network with the hardware or software, contract issues with distribution/supplies/shipping/provider/factory workers/Sprint/etc/, a handover issue from AudioVox, an issue with a component manufacturer not delivering on a single rubber 1 mm wide O-ring because the sap from the rubber tree farm they use has dried up....etc....etc...etc...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Not at all. Obviously a normal cell phone is more comfortable because it is so much smaller, but that is like comparing a bathtup/shower combo to 30 jet spa tub.

I think the only accessory I don't have for this at the moment is a BT headset. I simply use a wired headset most of the time. One reason is that when in the car I am often times using my GPS unit so my phone is mounted on the dash. If I ever see a BT headset I like the look of, I might consider it then.

But when you do hold it up to your ear, the earpiece has a bump that makes it real easy to find and fit in your ear. I am not sure of the specs but the weight feels pretty close to the 650. Certainly lighter than my Treo 600 which I had to keep the external battery on a lot of the time.

I hope this helps.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I don't see how holding a PPC6600 to one's ear is any different from holding a Treo 650to one's ear. They both have the bulky soap bar form. When someone used my Treo650 by putting it over their ear they felt weird.

As for the bluetooth headset, I'm quite comfortable with mine. On rare occasions someone would ask me if it's a mini phone, and if I don't wanna go into details I say "Yup, that's what it is."
    I should have read through all the posts before I started replying!! Sorry for multiple posts in a row!

I had a funny thing happen in the mall when standing in line for my son to see Santa. I answered a call (holding it up to my ear) and talked for about 4 minutes and hung up. The lady behind me asked me what that thing was. "I showed her and she said I thought it something like that...I hear about all young people talking on their i-Pods all the time!" She then went on to say that they just listen to music and then answer a phone on their i-Pods. Maybe due to my total ignorance of the i-pod line of phones, but I didn't think they existed...and found it humorous that she knew all these details about a phone no one has or makes.

(I know that motorola and Ipod have had talks...but that is another discussion on this forum.)
    Not to thread hijack, but I'm in KCMO on an EVDO cell surfing this thread and a call just rang thru. The handset switched to 1x while I talked and then jumped back to hispeed.

Bob Duckworth
  18.    #18  
    Cool Confirmation!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for Sprint to get off their tails and get EVDO rolled out before VZ launches EVDV!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Cool Confirmation!!!!!!!!

I can't wait for Sprint to get off their tails and get EVDO rolled out before VZ launches EVDV!!!!!
    Yeah, my boss got that XV6600 and i was able to try my 6601 and his phone side by side, i was getting 170kbps, he was getting 590kbps on a speed test. Sigh.

But for $35.00 less a month, i can wait the extra 5 seconds for pages to load.

What are the truths/rumours about the sprint evdo ETA ? Have they publicly talked about dates?

By the way, the XV6600 and its cradle are tinted with a slight gold hue compared to the silvery 6601. Don't know if anyone has talked about this.
    *sparks*