Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    looks good - and should be a shot of competition in this market. it will only make p1 strive to make a better product. good stuff.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  2.    #4  
    oops
    this is probably more data centric than voice centric.......and what ever happend to Motorola's MPX? Will we ever see them here in the U.S.?
    No Wi-Fi on that one either... must be difficult to get it sorted out...
    Looks like good competition for the palm; however; it falls short on the overall look and also has shortcomings. It's not as pretty as the Treo and it's too wide; look at the second shot real good; the one with it in his hand; it's way too big for me to even look at it. I'm right at home with the palm. It is a decent attempt though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    this is probably more data centric than voice centric.......and what ever happend to Motorola's MPX? Will we ever see them here in the U.S.?

it's a piece of TRASH....
    read all about it here:

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=394894
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjosh
    No Wi-Fi on that one either... must be difficult to get it sorted out...
    sd wifi card

for extra memory, mini SD can be used
    It looks like Treo that runs a Microsoft OS. So what?
    Not if an sd wifi card would conflict with the on board radio aka treo...

Quote Originally Posted by wolwol
    sd wifi card

sd wifi card

ummm no..........

It will have Bluetooth short-range wireless networking, but not Wi-Fi. It will also support GSM/GPRS (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) wireless networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    ummm no..........

It will have Bluetooth short-range wireless networking, but not Wi-Fi. It will also support GSM/GPRS (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) wireless networks.

umm....what am saying is that you can use the sd wifi card in the hw6500.....you know, the little stuff that you stick into the sd card slot?
    i know it has bluetooth
    Not if an sd wifi card would conflict with the on board radio aka treo...

am talking about hw6500, not treo 650
    am talking about hw6500, not treo 650
    Me too. My point was that you can't use an sd wifi card in the treo because it supposedly conflicts with the phone radio. If the hw6500 has the same issue, that's not an option...
    Me too. My point was that you can't use an sd wifi card in the treo because it supposedly conflicts with the phone radio. If the hw6500 has the same issue, that's not an option...
    errr....the imate JAM & SX66 & h6315 & xda IIs has always been able doing that all these while................phone & wifi.........no conflicts there
    My two key questions on this device:

- How long will the battery last with the GPS on?
    - How much will it cost?
    No CDMA = VERY LIMITED ROAMING capability with GSM only. Ever try using a GSM phone outside of a big city or away from the interstate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    My two key questions on this device:

- How long will the battery last with the GPS on?
    - How much will it cost?

wait for the announcement @ 3G gathering at CANNES
    i think...............
    I know I'm a first time poster but I've been lurking on treocentral for a while.
    In my opinion this is the real Treo killer if there ever was one:
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5757.html

What more could you need in a smartphone?
    Triband GSM, GPRS, 3G (WCDMA, UMTS = 3G GSM not to be confused with CDMA2000 1xEV, EV-DO = 3G CDMA), Bluetooth, Integrated Wifi, not 1 but 2 integrated cameras.
    Now that is Treo users wishlist at the moment (Perhaps the Treo 700 will deliver) but T-mobile will deliver it this summer. Probably not in the US but it would be worth ordering it from Germany in my opinion.
    It would be a shame to leave Palm behind but P1 after the revolutionary 600 seems to be content to take baby steps from the 600 to the 650 instead of continuing to stay at the head of the technology curve.
    Last edited by ultip; 02/03/2005 at 07:18 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast