Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I like the keyboard on that 6500 better than the flat membrane keyboard on the PPC66000/6601/SX66/XV6600.

EDGE support makes it more attractive than the SX66, but I don't like TMobile. Good thing Cingular maybe the carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    here are some photos against the 6315
    http://www.phonemag.com/index.php/we...6500_pictures/
    ohhhhh.... its pretty much the same size w/o antenna.... i thought it would be bigger, this is good to see.

that keyboard looks like a more ergonomic version of the snap-on on the 6315.
    much better on the front, but they could have done something to make it slide down or something to get a screen size comparable to the 6315. I still think its too big to be a treo killer. The treo is such a nice little form factor, i just hate palmos.
    *sparks*
    too WIDE
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Is anyone familiar with this phone? Any idea who could carry it?
    http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=934
    that hw6500 iPaq Mobile Messenger is a Treo Killer. Even if you dont buy one, you have to pray that it works as its probably the only thing that will FORCE PalmOne to actually make the Treo 650 WORK PROPERLY! Of course, being windows it will probably freeze and crash regularly - so maybe that why palm thjinks they can get away with it.
    The real Treo killer is the Treo itself.

If if didn't have so many problems of various type and degree, then people would be less likely to look elsewhere for their device needs. The form facter is great, but that's about the only thing they haven't screwed up, and their attitude towards the end-users concerns are unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxboro
    The real Treo killer is the Treo itself.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Treo kills itself?

hmm, that sounds about right. It is dying isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    Treo kills itself?

hmm, that sounds about right. It is dying isn't it?
    Dont know if its dying or not, but I know they aren't getting my money. I may not have found anything I like better as yet, but I won't stop looking until I do. I am not the only one who feels this way.

PalmOne can kiss my behind.

Sorry about the typos in the previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    that hw6500 iPaq Mobile Messenger is a Treo Killer. Even if you dont buy one, you have to pray that it works as its probably the only thing that will FORCE PalmOne to actually make the Treo 650 WORK PROPERLY! Of course, being windows it will probably freeze and crash regularly - so maybe that why palm thjinks they can get away with it.
    Actually, even if sucks JUST LIKE THE TREO, it will be better for the additional items it has that were left out of the Treo: 2 card slots! With 2 slots, including an SDIO, I can do both wireless and bluetooth and store data/apps! More memory!

At this rate, my wife might inherit the TREO to replace her aged Palm III (hotrodded with the old, old TRG replacement RAM chips--anybody remember those? In fact, her Palm III might have more usable memory than my Treo 650!?!?!?)
    Okay I have the chance to actually comparing both treo 600 and XDAIII in real life.

Man, treo is so toast.

1. treo fan whining about size? total red hearing. The size issue is not as significant IMO.
    2. thumboard? (Both are uselessly small. I can't use treo 600 thumboard even if I try. VERY uncomfortable.)
    3. XDAIII ergonomis is so much better. (Bigger screen, better balance, no stupid antenna) But it's slightly heavier.

----
    my take?
    once treo user sees the Mini, they'll drop treo like a bad habit.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234