Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    I looks like that the next version of the MDA has been announced. You can check it out here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...802419b06afe25
    Last edited by jglev; 02/02/2005 at 04:08 PM.
    Jeff
    It looks pretty awesome to me, well minus ppc.

L
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    the keyboard thing is stupid. . . but the vga screen is incredible. that has a good amount of potential for being my next phone. . . I would leave sprint for it.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Another slightly larger pic
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5757.html

What's stupid about the keyboard? That's a great idea -- w/ landscape mode that things a mini laptop!
    It's a really awkward layout for a thumboard. I just can't imagine holding balance on the phone while typing.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

They aren't that bad to type on (the previous models). But yeah, it freakin rocks.
    Te >T3 > T3 > Zod2 > Z72 > waiting for t650
    This is remniscent of the old HP and PSION pocket "PC's"... Guess there are only so many ways to position a keyboard and a screen. The swivel part should add a lot, though. I do hope we see this unit reach our shores sometime soon, as well as the Samsung i730.

What is WCDMA and UMTS?
    too bad, not really for the USA since there isn't GSM 850 and UMTS 1900. bummer, looks nice though
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Another slightly larger pic
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5757.html

What's stupid about the keyboard? That's a great idea -- w/ landscape mode that things a mini laptop!
    i cant totally tell from the pic, but it looks kinda thic

im a poet and dont even...

realize it

sparks
    I emailed T-Mobile Germany (lucky for me they understand English!!) to ask when we might get hold of this little darlin'... They responded:

Dear GWB,

Thank you for your interest in our new products.

Because of competitive reasons we are not able to give you
    informations about planned mobile phones. Also we do not know,
    whether T-Mobile USA offers the MDA IV. Please contact T-Mobile USA.

As soon as we bring the MDA IV on the market, we inform you about the
    media and our homepage www.t-mobile.de.

Please have understanding for that.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

T-Mobile Customer Service
    Sandra Zimmermann

Guess we have to wait and see. Don't have T-Mobile in my neighborhood anyway...hopefully one of these would work on Cingular...
    The MDA IV looks alot like what the next Gen Sony Clie UX series would have been. Recall that prior to Sony leaving the pda market, it was rumored that Sony was workign on integrating phone functionality into the next gen UX series clie line. However that never happenned b/c Sony shortly left the market few months afterwards. In any case, it now seems like the MDA IV is taking off where the Clie almost went....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions