Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    ...and the days of backing up your hard drive to VHS tape.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    ...my first two computers was a Texax Instruments and then a Commodore 64.
    The old TI-994A - I still have mine.

    ...and my Kaypro II! Still works too. It beat that upstart IBM-PC with its puny Intel processor all to heck . Ah Zilog - where have ye gone off to (looks like they're still alive at this link )?
  3. #23  
    Ah, you young whippersnappers! The first computer I had at home was an Apple II. NOT a IIe, or IIc. As I recall, it had 8K RAM on the mainboard, and another 8K on an add-in board. Along with a 40 char wide monochrome display. Mine was loaded, with a floppy drive--about a $400 option. Lesser models used a connection to cassette recorder to laod and store programs.

    But that was my first HOME computer. The first computer I ever wrote programs for had vaccum tubes and a punch card reader.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Ahh...George Plimpton.

    Had one as well.
    First you bump into me at the store and I call security, and now this?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    But that was my first HOME computer. The first computer I ever wrote programs for had vaccum tubes and a punch card reader.
    So....did you really have to go into the tube room and debug the computer from real bugs? (btw that is the origin of the term debug)
  6.    #26  
    I interviewed an electronic tech for a Telecom position and all he knew was vacuum tubes. To drag the interview to its 5 minutes minimum I asked about their wattage, and he said: "I don't know. They're about this big" stretching his arms to about 3 feet.
  7. #27  
    What, no Atari owners here? Commode-oar, bah!
  8. #28  
    Hmmm, Load "*",8,1 or something of that nature. That is all I remember of my old commadore 64...some sprite program that you could write from the instruction book, jumpman, and ghostbusters.
    Ollie Townsend III
    http://www.netapex.net
  9.    #29  
    I peeked and poked with their BASIC language programming till my eyes were poked
  10. #30  
    actually...there is a phone coming out like that. the XDA IV will have almost all those specs that you're wanting. also a 640x480 VGA screen. dont know bout the GPS tho...
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    So....did you really have to go into the tube room and debug the computer from real bugs? (btw that is the origin of the term debug)
    Yes, that is the origin, but no, I never encounted that situation.

    BTW, I'm not quite as old as this makes me sound. The computer was at my college, and several generations obsolete by the time I got there. The following year the college replaced it with a modern (at that time) IBM 370 mainframe.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    actually...there is a phone coming out like that. the XDA IV will have almost all those specs that you're wanting. also a 640x480 VGA screen. dont know bout the GPS tho...
    I know, that is the one I was refering to in the list. I would ebay my 6600 in a heart beat for the XDA IV. It is closer to my list of a perfect phone than any other phone I know about that has been announced that is coming out....(except for my form factor suggestion, GPS, dual boot, the new graphics chip, and a gig of RAM)....but it is coming out in EU first so I guess we won't see a shadow of it in the states until around this time next year, if we are lucky.
  13. #33  
    KayPro 10 here: I had to have the whopping 10 MB hard disk. Twas my 1983 Christmas present to myself. I also still have Peter McWilliams's classics: The Word Processing Book and Word Processing on the KayPro. Wonder what Ebayg these would get me?



    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    The old TI-994A - I still have mine.

    ...and my Kaypro II! Still works too. It beat that upstart IBM-PC with its puny Intel processor all to heck . Ah Zilog - where have ye gone off to (looks like they're still alive at this link )?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions