Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Swap....this thread is dedicated to you!

Swap...and a couple others in the last month have asked about louder ringtones. The 660x is loud, just that the ringtones that came with it are not. So I have created some LOUD ringtones that should help. I cannot vouch for the taste of the rintones....only that they are loud.

If would like to make your own with your own favorite Ringtones, the two free programs I used are:
    Here is a file that contains:
    • Voice ringtone telling you have Voicemail
    • Voice ringtone telling you have Email
    • AOL "You've Got Mail"
    • A Bird ringtone (which great while outdoors, fishing, hiking, etc..)
    • Mission Impossible
    • Pirates of Caribean Disney Ride Theme Song
    • Jack Sparrow from Pirates Movie Theme Song
    • Loud Buzzer that will scare the bejeeves out of you if you use for an alarm.
    • Jetsons Astroboy
    • A Ringer Ringtone from the future.
    • Star Wars
    • Robot Warning,
    • Baseball Charge
    • Bad to the Bone
    • Some others.....
    I have a couple others that need to be posted by themselves that will follow this post.

PLEASE NOTE: System sounds goes in the Windows directory and ringtones goes into the Rings directory under Windows.

EDIT: Since System Sounds cannot be a WMA file, I have posted dedicated loud system sounds in a post below with all WAV files.

EDIT: Okay the max size is 490.6 kb So here is a collection of ring tones and system sounds that will put to rest the concern that any cell phone is too quiet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/09/2006 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal

Swap...and a couple others in the last month have asked about louder ringtones. The 660x is loud, just that the ringtones that came with it are not. So I have created some LOUD ringtones that should help. I cannot vouch for the taste of the rintones....only that they are loud.

If would like to make your own with your own favorite Ringtones, the two free programs I used are:
    Here is a file that contains:
    • Voice ringtone telling you have Voicemail
    • Voice ringtone telling you have Email
    • AOL "You've Got Mail"
    • A Bird ringtone (which great while outdoors, fishing, hiking, etc..)
    • A Ringer Ringtone from the future.
    • Star Wars,
    • Robot Warning,
    • Baseball Charge
    • Bad to the Bone
    • Some others.....
    I have a couple others that need to be posted by themselves that will follow this post.

EDIT: It will not upload the file. It keeps on Timing out. It is only 970kb so it should upload fine. I will try again in just little while.
    Thanks Hobbes - These are really loud.

I wonder how much we can safely boost the output of these ring tones before we put the earpiece speaker at risk?

I have one that I use for the primary ringer that is pretty loud and somewhat unique as I don't seem to hear it in the airport and on the planes when everybody's phone is going off.

I'll try to attach it as a file to this mesage.

Bob
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I always like to have a loud selection available.

Anyone know what the size limit is for uploading a file. On most boards it is a meg. My file is 970kb, but it keeps on timing out. I just need to know how small to break up the zip file to upload it.

Thanks.
    Notice the name on that last file upload? Who'dya think made that one???

Sorry... just begging for credit :-)

- Ben
    Yes, it's yours.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Thanks. I always like to have a loud selection available.

Anyone know what the size limit is for uploading a file. On most boards it is a meg. My file is 970kb, but it keeps on timing out. I just need to know how small to break up the zip file to upload it.

Thanks.
    Bet you is it 0.5Mb. Why not try making two zip files and uploading?

You can make each ringer into it's own zip file if you have the patience, Hobbes.

Good Luck,

Bob
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    yes, hobbes, I saw this thread going after I pmed you. Great timing, huh?

What's the quickest way to switch between ringtones? Also to silence the ringtone quickly when receiving a call?
  8.    #8  
    There is a profile program that can switch ringers, colors, themes, etc... with a click of a button....but for the life of me I cannot remember it's name.

I have found on my 660x that if I flick the volume button when a call comes in it keeps on vibrating but mutes the ringer.
  9.    #9  
    Bump....I just uploaded a collection of ringtones and system sounds that I have modified to be really LOUD.
    And to me as well

But I need help. Settings>phone sees them all when I store them in the Windows directory, but settings>sounds&Notifications>notification does not see them all; only the first 3 alphabetically. There seems to be a limit on how many tones notification setting can see.

Where does settings>sounds&notification look? I want to use AOL you'vegotmail as my email notification but it does not see it.

There's subdirectory in Widows named "ring" but it it empty. I copied all into it, but it does not make any difference.
  11.    #11  
    You are right....system sounds goes in the Windows directory and ringtones goes into the Rings directory under Windows.

Ringtones can be either WMA or Wave files, but system sound can NOT be WMA files. So here are some email system sounds in WAV.
    You are right....system sounds goes in the Windows directory and ringtones goes into the Rings directory under Windows.

Ringtones can be either WMA or Wave files, but system sound can NOT be WMA files. So here are some email system sounds in WAV.
    Thanks, Hobbes. U da best, man! The WAV version worked for system alerts.
    Should I break my long held tradition and start actually reading my manuals?
  13.    #13  
    Here are some system sounds I modified to be as loud as possible that can be assigned to the phone keypad in the registry so the phone will say the number instead of the standard phone beep...see the Registry Hack thread for details.
    ( Registry Edits Hints and Finds for the PPC-660x/SX66/XV6600 )
  14.    #14  
    I have posted some ringtones and system sounds that I have modified ore created to be really loud.

If you are interested in checking them out.....go ahead and jump on over to:

Loud Ringtones!!!!!!
    How does one make it loud? I have a ringtone that I like but its way to low, I'd love to turn it up.
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
    Okay, guys, what am I missing here?? I emailed one of the .wma files to my phone but when I try to open it I get the message that there is no application installed to handle this type of file.

I thought that the 650 could only use .wav and .amr files as ringtones???

Thanks for your help....

signed,
    the rookie
    Okay, guys, what am I missing here?? I emailed one of the .wma files to my phone but when I try to open it I get the message that there is no application installed to handle this type of file.

Thanks for your help....

signed,
    the rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed

Thanks for your help....

signed,
    the rookie
    this is the "Other Smartphones" thread and these are Windows Media ringtones, intended for use with PocketPC based phones.... but i think there is some freeware out there to convert .wma files to .wav if you want to try them. As for the "spoken number" dialer files, i dont know if there is a way to do that on a palmos based phone... anyone know?
    *sparks*
  19.    #19  
    I believe the treo supports wav ringtones......doesn't it? Or is it only midi?

I believe the program I linked to in the original post can convert back and forth between wma and wav files.
  20.    #20  
    I believe the treo supports wav ringtones......doesn't it? Or is it only midi?

There are two programs I linked to in the other thread that can:

Audacity Make it louder
    DBpowerAmp Convert File formats (i.e. between wma and wav)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast