Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by limesparks
    this is the "Other Smartphones" thread and these are Windows Media ringtones, intended for use with PocketPC based phones.... but i think there is some freeware out there to convert .wma files to .wav if you want to try them. As for the "spoken number" dialer files, i dont know if there is a way to do that on a palmos based phone... anyone know?
    MY BAD!

The Author of this thread came to the 650 board started a new thread that pointed to this one.

I didn't realize that I was leaving My Treo 650 board.

Stand alone, the Treo 650 only supports midis and amr files as ringtones.

K
  2.    #22  
    Im sorry about then....I really was thinking the treo supported wav files.

Now the only question is then......DBpowerAmp has loads of plugins....does it have one to convert to amr files.
  3.    #23  
    Im sorry about then as apparently Treo only supports midi and amr files....I really was thinking the treo supported wav files.

Now the only question is then......DBpowerAmp has loads of plugins....does it have one to convert to amr files?
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Im sorry about then....I really was thinking the treo supported wav files.

Now the only question is then......DBpowerAmp has loads of plugins....does it have one to convert to amr files.
    Nokia has one, found here, but .amr files are horrible. Sound quality is cut in half with the conversion.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by neps
    How does one make it loud? I have a ringtone that I like but its way to low, I'd love to turn it up.
    I use Goldwave found HERE!

I am a rookie and it is simple and easy to use. It is also very useful when truncating MP3s to be used for ringtones.

K
    So these programs can load the existing ring tones and allow you to up the volume level at which they play and then save them again

I really want to find out for sure.

I have heaps of ringtones I would like to increase the volume on and they are all midi.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

7.    #27  
    Now midi is different, because Midi files are actually not music files at all. Wav, wma, mp3, etc...are actually sound recordings. Midi files are computer files that through code generate sounds, usually with music.

You will need an actual Midi editor to do that. I believ the program Fruit Loops works with midi files as an editor, but not sure. I am sure there are others for different price ranges. Don't know of any free ones myself though.
    <merged>
    Now midi is different, because Midi files are actually not music files at all. Wav, wma, mp3, etc...are actually sound recordings. Midi files are computer files that through code generate sounds, usually with music.

You will need an actual Midi editor to do that. I believ the program Fruit Loops works with midi files as an editor, but not sure. I am sure there are others for different price ranges. Don't know of any free ones myself though.
    Must be why audacity just gave me weird noise when trying to play an improted midi file.

Okay got all that.....now.

How do I increase the volume of say a wav file like you have.

Have you got a step by step for me to follow.

I have Audacity installed.
    Last edited by Ancient_One; 02/20/2005 at 09:22 PM.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)

Guys I have a challenge for someone willing to take it on.

I have a wma file which starts with noises then launches into chimes and bells, followed by the song.

I would like to delete all before and all after the bells and chimes. Then convert to wav or Treo Tone format and maybe increase the volume.

I have Audacity installed if that helps.

Hope someone can provide the answers I need.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    don't mind me I just getting my reading together
    I downloaded a Sweet Child O' Mine ringer in wav format here, or PDAPhoneHome, but am having a heck of a time finding it again. I did a ROM upgrade and lost it. ANyone have it or know where I orioginally found it?
    Thanks!
    No one else probably cares but just in case. I found it...
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...eet+child+mine
    Hobbes,

I love that pirates ride ringtone. Do you have a copy of that at a normal volume? My 6600 sounds like it's going to come apart at the seams when I use the loud one.

P.S. Thanks for posting all the 6600 info, it really helped when I was trying to make a decision on which phone to go with.

dmarkle
  15.    #35  
    Nope....but you can use the programs linked in the first post to try to reduce it. If it works good for you, post it. If you absolutely cannot do it. Let me know and see what (or rather when) I can do it.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have a wma file which starts with noises then launches into chimes and bells, followed by the song.
    I would like to delete all before and all after the bells and chimes. Then convert to wav or Treo Tone format and maybe increase the volume.
    A few steps, but here goes:
    iTunes will convert from wma to mp3.
    mpTrim will let you edit the mp3 and increase the volume.
    the Miksoft mobile AMR converter will let you convert mp3 (or wav) to amr.

All free programs.

I downloaded a Sweet Child O' Mine ringer in wav format here, or PDAPhoneHome, but am having a heck of a time finding it again
    On my site (http://www.barryandalyssa.com/ringtones.htm) there are two Sweet Child O' Mine ringtones, the intro and the chorus (also free).
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Ok, quick stupid question. I just got my 700w and have all kinds of audio software. I can make my own ringtones, as long as they are .wma, and go in the ring directory?
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Treos cannot do .wma without 3rd party software. If you have a PPC-6700 then yes.
    I believe the treo supports wav ringtones......doesn't it? Or is it only midi?

There are two programs I linked to in the other thread that can:

Audacity Make it louder
    DBpowerAmp Convert File formats (i.e. between wma and wav)

It does indeed,
    you just have to send it to yourself as an email, then it will covert the wav file over as it is accepted into sounds.

Just did it with your warning wav ring to test it out

the wmas, you have to first covert to wav to get it to work on the treo.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Treos cannot do .wma without 3rd party software. If you have a PPC-6700 then yes.
    But they CAN do WAV files!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast