1.    #1  
    Re: active sync

Swap IM'ed me some good Active Sync questions that I thought might help some others new to the PPC-660x:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swap
    Originally Posted by Swap
    Hobbes...

How can I prevent the 6600 from frequently syncing with my computer when i leave it in the cradle? I don't need it to contantly be in sync with my outlook inboxes... I really just want access to my email while away from my desktop (wireless sync - or are there other email options?)

I woke up this morning to a 6600 full of an evening's worth of emails that I would have been happy to have read on my desktop. Also, because it immediatly syncs to the handheld, the desktop messages apprear opened in outlook before I even read them...

Thanks!

Swap
    Easy one....
    1. Open Active Sync
    2. Click on Options
    3. If you want to stop sync with email, uncheck the Inbox.
    4. If you want to stop it from sync each time you put it in the cradle or to stop it from continual syncing while in the cradle.....Click on the Schedule Tab....select either On Connection or Manually from the first drop down list to choose how or when it will sync.
    I hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yes, but will unchecking the inbox effect "Wireless sync?" for those on Verizon?
    AS is a conduit between PC and PPC. Will have no effect with Verizon.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."