Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jw68
    http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3497.html

Most importantly: it has Blackberry RIM support
    If you're basing that statement on the picture of the display, where the card with the phone says 'RIM Blackberry support' or whatever, then I'd rethink that. RIM has been saying for months and months that devices will have RIM support, and nothing has shown up. At least nothing in the states. Of course, based on how long it takes Samsung to actually DELIVER promised products, once the i730 arrives (if ever), it might actually have RIM connectivity. Maybe.
    Samsung may even be worse than RIM about pre-announcing products....
    Quote Originally Posted by rjflyn
    It wont kill the treo- it has WINBLOWS MOBILE on it.

rj
    What happens if the Treo 700 has "Winblows Mobile" on it?

Future Of Palm OS & Pocket PC OS...judging by current trends...
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Hobbes, what those sales statistics tell me is, the Dell Axims are beating up on the Tungsten PDA's. So what. This is a PDA PHONE forum. The Treo line is doing just fine against the Pocket PC phones available in the U.S.
    Actually I was more interested in the the security of the next release of the Palm OS if they are rumored to be testing a Palm flagship product like the treo as a PPC phone. That to me either shows either a horrible business model for a successful Palm phone line or doubts in their next gen of OS or flat out untrue rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    I really like the Samsung I730. If it comes out for sprint i might just change. I cant stand this 650 anymore!
    If you dont want your 650, give it to me! I do agree that this phone looks to be a good contender, but it would need Palm on it to be better suited to 'attack the Treo.'
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Actually I was more interested in the the security of the next release of the Palm OS if they are rumored to be testing a Palm flagship product like the treo as a PPC phone. That to me either shows either a horrible business model for a successful Palm phone line or doubts in their next gen of OS or flat out untrue rumors.
    One of the stated reasons why PalmOne split from Palm Source was, so that P1 would have the freedom to choose other OS's in addition to Palm. I think the Treo line has the best form factor for a PDA/phone with keyboard, and offering it with your choice of OS's will expand their sales. More sales = more profits, which is what P1's stockholders want. Why should P1 be restricted to a single OS when Samsung can make phones for every OS?
    Hey....it might the smartest move....if it happens time will tell.

Personally I like both OS's. And depending on the next gen of Palm OS and MS Mobile 2005 when it is released, I might interested in th 700 with MS Mobile 2005 OS.

Either way I just interested in what they do with the 700.
    Maybe the next-generation Treo will be "Dual-Bootable" just like a computer. Might be fun to be able to choose your OS for the situation.
    Now that would be cool....there are some programs that I just loved on my 600, but are not available for PPC....and I also have found some really nice programs I would miss if I went back to Palm.
    I can't seem to find out anything new about the Samsung i730... any rumors floating around?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12