Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    When using the ebslipper case with the 660x the phone doesnt look to bad to the ear. And it adds more protection.

What do you guys think?

How do you access the keyboard?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetLuvR
    How do you access the keyboard?

You have to pull the phone out to use it.

Hince the word "slipper", But for me I wont be using the keyboard all the time. Only sometimes. So It wont be a big problem for me. I think the case makes the phone look better, and the case holds onto the phone better it looks like.

I also like the covertec, but from the looks of it it looks like a hasle talking on the phone. The flap seems kinda big.
  4.    #84  
    Here is a good review of the 6601 if you guys havent seen it already.
    It makes me feel lean toward in getting this device over the treo.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2329
    That's a fair and unbiased review.

Bob Duckworth
    I have never read anything written by someone so retarded that they can't figure out how to slide it up to access the keyboard. Come on... And they pulled the battery out twice in trying. And they want some kind of ugly directional arrows on the unit to show and remind them how to access the keyboard. They need to stick to a Treo, for certain so the keyboard is right in front of their face.

Wow, and you said this was unbiased. Maybe so, but certainly written by a moron, IMO.
    Guess I didn't read closely enough. There was also a post on another forum asking the same question. Perhaps we are more astute PPC users than most. I found the keyboard BEFORE I received the device.

Bob
  8.    #88  
    HMMMMMM....................

still deciding between the two........

The treo screen sure is brighter though.

But the small screen would be a killer for watching movies.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haduken
    That was such a bad review. It has so many holes in it. Its clear he didn't even give the 6601 a chance, truelly a biased review.

One of the most funny comments of his I read was about the 6601's ringtones. He said "The ring tones included with the PPC-6601 were few and far between.". This is funny. Considering the Treo 650 (which he compares the 6601 to all over the place on this review) still only uses MIDI. 6601 supports WMA/WAV (and anyone can convert MP3's etc to WMA/WAV in a snap, ow yeah.. and they sound exactly the same after converted).
    Quote Originally Posted by Haduken
    HMMMMMM....................

still deciding between the two........

The treo screen sure is brighter though.

But the small screen would be a killer for watching movies.
    I have seen people comment the how bright the Treo650 screen is (in a good way). This is such the contrast from all my customers with Treo600's. They hate the fact that the Treo is blindingly bright.

Incase this is a deciding factor, the 6601 has adjustments for brightness. You can make it extreamly bright if you like. It even has different settings for when its plugged into a charger or not. Nice feature.
    The Treo also has an adjustment (Alt P) for those blinded by the light......
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdj
    The Treo also has an adjustment (Alt P) for those blinded by the light......
    Thats true, but from my experience (used and worked with many many of these), but if you try to turn down the brightness on the Treo600 the screen flickers BADLY. Silly isnt it?
    hmm - my screen on my 600 doesn't flicker when I turn down the brightness. Lucky, I guess?
    Not that silly for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    That was such a bad review. It has so many holes in it. Its clear he didn't even give the 6601 a chance, truelly a biased review.

One of the most funny comments of his I read was about the 6601's ringtones. He said "The ring tones included with the PPC-6601 were few and far between.". This is funny. Considering the Treo 650 (which he compares the 6601 to all over the place on this review) still only uses MIDI. 6601 supports WMA/WAV (and anyone can convert MP3's etc to WMA/WAV in a snap, ow yeah.. and they sound exactly the same after converted).
    What's wrong with that statement? The 6601 doesn't come loaded with a lot of different ringers while the 650 does.

It's easy to make your own ringers for any phone, but that's not what he was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    hmm - my screen on my 600 doesn't flicker when I turn down the brightness. Lucky, I guess?
    Not that silly for me.
    My 650 doesn't flicker at any brightness level.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    You charge it to your account and then return it to the store if you don't like it and they credit it back to your account. Easy, no?
    Actually, I just got a Sprint PPC6601 a week and a 1/2 ago and they (Sprint) told me that they were allowing this (charging the equipment to your account) but that they stopped doing it, because they had problems. Not sure as of when they stopped. Anyway, I love the 6601 and haven't had any of the problems that I have read here and there, except maybe the bad sound quality for the recipients of my phone calls when I use the speakerphone (very tinny, which I tested by leaving a voicemail for myself on my other phone), but with a Jabra BT800 headset the thing sounds great. I have been using this thing pretty aggressively for the last 10 days; I am in IT and have connected it to exchange server 2003 for live inbox/calendar/contacts, (the last of which a Treo can't do live apparently), which is fantastic. The terminal client has proved invaluable, works fine over the Sprint G3 network, but is somewhat of a processor hog and thus battery life cant sustain long terminal connections all day, but plugged in at the car its a great asset. I am in love with the Transcriber/Handwriting recognition feature in WM2003, I jot all of my job notes faster than I could type them even on a full stroke keyboard. I have to say there really has been NO SLUGGISHNESS WHATSOVER, as long as you don't have like 7 programs open at once with alot of stuff on your today screen. I seriously think noob got a bad one somehow, there are certainly no speed issues doing simple tasks like changing ring tones or volume as noob suggests, even compared to a regular phone. It may be less "thumb friendly" to change the ring tone quickly as in a cell phone, but the processor does not stall when you make these changes; its instantaneous, so I'm not sure what happened with yours, noob. I use the third party vX task bar for making sure all running programs are shut down (its a little buggy, but workaroundable, and most importantly: FREE!), and, although a great idea, i deep sixed the freeware "WeatherToGo" app because it was causing screen refresh issues, and half the time never got good updates anyway. But the Sprint PPC6601 in its native environment with a bluetooth headset is an absolutely amazing and versatile device, with only a slightly larger profile than the Treo650 but a screen size that destroys the Treo's. If a phone first device with compromise on the PDA side is what you want, get the Treo. If you want a device that does it all, get the PPC6601. Or get even more and wait for the camera version PPC6600 which is apparently due out for the consumer market at the end of the month, according to a Sprint rep. I talked to.
    Limesparks,
    OT, but where did you order your BT800? Is the caller id on the earpiece working? It would be nice to see who's calling on the earpiece without taking the phone out of the pocket.
    Here's a leather case that flips down instead of the common "up-and-over"

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/5293.htm

Here's an up and over flipping metal case that allows for the keyboard access, for those interested:

http://www.suntekstore.com/innopocke...-xv6600-m.html

Also, I've been checking this out lately:

http://www.arkon.com/bluetoothgps.html

check the one out for the xdaIII, about halfway down the page. The navigator software looks pretty damn cool (see pocketmap.com). Anyone know anything about this stuff?
    actually this is the link to the gps mount i was looking at, my bad...

http://www.arkon.com/gpsmount.html#xdaiii-gps

thoughts? comments? suggestions?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast