Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cingular pulled their version, the SX66, from their online store this weekend. Someone at Howie Forums said he called Cingular and was told it was pulled because it had technical problems.

The local Cingular store had one, and it's a little bigger than I'd like. I was still considering it to replace my Treo 600, but now I'm not sure.

The prices I've seen on the BenQ are over $900!!
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Cingular pulled their version, the SX66, from their online store this weekend. Someone at Howie Forums said he called Cingular and was told it was pulled because it had technical problems.

The local Cingular store had one, and it's a little bigger than I'd like. I was still considering it to replace my Treo 600, but now I'm not sure.

The prices I've seen on the BenQ are over $900!!
    I wonder if they were same problems that the Sprint and Verizon versions are having.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    I wonder if they were same problems that the Sprint and Verizon versions are having.
    I was told by Cingular corporate that its off the website because they are out of stock. New shipments are due in a week.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    yes, that is correct farz. out of stock. no more ppc rumors from the ppc haters, please. its obvious who the REAL owners of the xv6600/ppc6601/pda2k/sx66 are. the sx66 will be available again once in stock. 6601 (sprint) will have rom "beep of death" corrected soon. its been discussed many times, those that bought the camera-less version were going to be subjected to equivalent of beta-testing. best way for no beep of death? disable vision before call.
    btw what is everyone doing with the extra memory left over on the ppc? i have about 20 programs installed and still have over 90 megs free. what have you guys installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    yes, that is correct farz. out of stock. no more ppc rumors from the ppc haters, please. its obvious who the REAL owners of the xv6600/ppc6601/pda2k/sx66 are.
    I'm not a PPC hater. I considering being a future PPC owner.
    I'm not a PPC hater. I considering being a future PPC owner.
    If you haven't noticed, they're a pretty insecure group. Maybe they'll lighten up a little after the ROM update finally comes out.
    Dig...Dig...Dig...Dig...Dig...Dig....

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    the comment was only directed at those that make outlandish statements such as "the processor is painfully slow" or those that think they can do a full review of the phone in under an hour. i didnt even BEGIN to think about buying the phone until i saw hands on reviews and comparisons from people such as farz (who i believe was the first with a review on howardforums) and hobbes and bob. all these other people who say its actually longer than a treo with keyboard hidden or thicker or start spreading rumors when they actually havent even used the phone - its just so childish that there are some treo users who are so blind to change. remember, most of us have been treo users - which is why we were here in the first place! its not like suddening 10% of the ppc population started posting here out of nowhere. most of us just wanted something better than the 600. the 650 still didnt fit the bill for on reason or another so we tried this. it doesnt work for everyone, but i have yet to see a newly ppc user go off on how horrible the 650 is or lack of hardware makes it still feel like last years technology. other than my memory digs of course. the fact is some people were open for a change and took the opportunity when it arose. i'm just tired of the countless complaints from people who obviously want to push the 650 so much they'll make something up about the 660x/sx66/pda2k to persuade you. we dont list the countless complaints on the 650 in here because there are already 100 threads in the 650 section for that. and you certainly dont see any ppc users posting "this blazer browser is sooooooooo slow its worse than blazer 3", because that would probably be untrue. i just wish if you dont have a audiovox phone, dont make something up because you dont like the concept. same goes for the i730 samsung or benq p50. a lot of us ex treo users still stick around because for the most part, this forum is highly informative.
    btw for the person who asked about the screen heat while on a call, screen turns off after a few min to conserve power. the only time it ever gets hot is when you talk with the ac adapter plugged in, and the battery gets warm at that point. not the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by noob
    If you haven't noticed, they're a pretty insecure group. Maybe they'll lighten up a little after the ROM update finally comes out.
    Heh - now that's irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Heh - now that's irony.
    How so? Are the 650 owners feeling insecure as well? I bought one of those as well and didn't care for it either. Better than the 6601 for my needs, but still not worth putting up with the negatives.
    lol.

this is fun.

0.5 oz heavier. that gonna kill your arm.. ono...
    it can't operate with one hand, and if you use touch screen momma gona spank ya.
    The thumbboard is nt useable! It doesn't have cute dimple shape as treo. They keys are just too big!

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I will call Sprint today and check on the backorder date for my 6600. As of last week, it was still on track for the 25th.
    I called and talked with Sprint and yes...Jan 25th is still the date that they expect to SHIP the phone to customers.
    Does the 66xx (or Mobile PPC for that matter) come stock with an email client that operates like Mark's Chatter program? If not, has someone devised one? Thanks.

Also, Hobbes...does the 6600 have a video record app and can you just drag-n-drop videos from it to your desktop to view/burn on cd?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

14.    #74  
    Also 660x users, can you drag, drag, edit and open microsoft word documents from your desktop?

Can you do this with the treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Does the 66xx (or Mobile PPC for that matter) come stock with an email client that operates like Mark's Chatter program?
    It's probably a carrier dependent feature. With Verizon's wireless sync, you can have emails (multiple accounts) pushed to your phone in the background. I use it with vibration notification to let me know new email has arrived.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haduken
    Also 660x users, can you drag, drag, edit and open microsoft word documents from your desktop?
    Not sure what your question is, but if you're asking if you can edit native word files on the XV6600, then answer is yes (Excel too). If you're asking whether you can copy Word documents from the PPC to the desktop to edit them (and vice versa), the answer is also yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haduken
    Can you do this with the treo 650?
    Yes, using a third party program like Documents to Go.
    I played with an SX66 at the Cingular store last week, and it seems too wide. It felt weird when I held it up to my ear because of the size.

I was going to pass on the 650, but I went to a Sprint store last night and played with a 650. The screen is soooo much nicer than my 600.

At this point, I'm going to hold on to my 600 and see what's on the horizon.
  17.    #77  
    It's probably a carrier dependent feature. With Verizon's wireless sync, you can have emails (multiple accounts) pushed to your phone in the background. I use it with vibration notification to let me know new email has arrived.

Not sure what your question is, but if you're asking if you can edit native word files on the XV6600, then answer is yes (Excel too). If you're asking whether you can copy Word documents from the PPC to the desktop to edit them (and vice versa), the answer is also yes.

Yes, using a third party program like Documents to Go.

Thank you,

That was exactly what I was looking for.
    I played with an SX66 at the Cingular store last week, and it seems too wide. It felt weird when I held it up to my ear because of the size.
    Heh - the full-sized PPC phones are causing the Bluetooth hands-free market to explode for that very reason! Not exactly a "chick magnet" look.
    I was going to pass on the 650, but I went to a Sprint store last night and played with a 650. The screen is soooo much nicer than my 600.
    That screen is nice compared to pretty well any PDA. 320 x 320 in such a small space looks very impressive.
    Heh - the full-sized PPC phones are causing the Bluetooth hands-free market to explode for that very reason! Not exactly a "chick magnet" look.

Son, if you need one of these telephones to attract girls, you have serious problems! You might consider a Motorola Razr; I'm told those are pretty sexy. Actually, you might want to simply consider a large wad of $100 bills; that's REALLY sexy!
  20.    #80  

That screen is nice compared to pretty well any PDA. 320 x 320 in such a small space looks very impressive.

Would any one mind taking some more pictures of this phone?
    Im trying to get a realistic perspective of how it is gonna look up to your ear.
    Any 660x users up for it?
    I think alot of us would appericiate it.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast