1.    #1  
    Anyone noticed this program inactivating your "X" icon on the Harrier Platform.

I've had this happen a couple of times and wonder if this package is the problem since it modifies behavior of this icon. Minimize button still works when this happens, soft reset restores function.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Last edited by rduckwor; 01/08/2005 at 07:41 AM.
    I hadn't noticed, rduck. Seems to work normally for me (except Pocket Plus kills the programs rather than just "minimize" them - as advertised.
  3.    #3  
    Kupe:

Thanks for the reply. Please keep an eye on it and let me know. It could be something as simple as my screen protector not playing well with the touch screen.

I originally thought is was software incompat. with a music player I installed, but that's gone and I have had the problem recur once since removing the "offending" app and rebooting.

Bob Duckworth
  4.    #4  
    I believe I have found this cause of this on my machine. The "X" icon can be set to tap and close, hold and drag to minimize, etc. Whenever I held and dragged accidentially, the icon functionality disappeared. It wouldn't do anything whether tapped or held. The "OK" button would still minimize the app. I just went into the SPB PP settings and set the "X" icon to close the app no matter which action I take.

We'll see.

Bob Duckworth
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    bob,
    it works as advertised! i had mine set to hold and close and tap and minimize.
    sledgie
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    bob,
    it works as advertised! i had mine set to hold and close and tap and minimize.
    sledgie

Thanks Sledgie.

I'll keep poking at it.

Bob
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Tried this program. Loved it, until I tried to go online. Wouldn't connect, wouldn't wireless sync... deleted the program, I could get online again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swap
    Tried this program. Loved it, until I tried to go online. Wouldn't connect, wouldn't wireless sync... deleted the program, I could get online again...
    Wierd...that's the first I have heard of that. Drop the company an email and see if they know what is happenning. They might have run into this and have a suggestion.

BOB.....Yes...you have to look at what tap, tap and slide, or tap and hold and what command you have assigned to each one. I am sure that is it.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I had this program but then realized that it only closes the program if you use the touchscreen to hit the x, not if you use the hardware button.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Wierd...that's the first I have heard of that. Drop the company an email and see if they know what is happenning. They might have run into this and have a suggestion.

BOB.....Yes...you have to look at what tap, tap and slide, or tap and hold and what command you have assigned to each one. I am sure that is it.
    Email was sent several days ago. They're overseas, so I'll wait a while.

Yes, the hard button only minimizes, it does not close the App.

Swap:

Install the program and then do a soft reset.

You'll be surprised how many apps require a soft reset occasionally. Remember, we're dealing with Windows here.

Bob
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Did the soft reset. Then gave up and uninstalled. I will reinstall and try again from the beginning. Thanks.

Well, back to figuring out this bluetooth patch/headphone dilema.. sooo confusing when dealing with a phone with dozens of names depending on carrier/country... every b\t thread on these forums seem endless, and I still don`t know what patch or set to try...
    Swap...you are not alone.....and yes it is confusing with a single manufacturer licenses the same product to be branded by several different companies around the world...though not that uncommon.

Sorry I wasn't much help in my IM to you the other day about this.

The good news for us, is that when you finally it out, we here at TC will have a local resident expert to ask when we finally go and buy our BT headset!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    www.pdaphonehome.com has the bt answers you're looking for. I got my patch there when it first came out and have been using bt headset without a hitch since.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    See the new thread I started in regards to the bt patch.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.