Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo 650 looks better. But I think the ben q performs better.

check out the link:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000693026251/
    Specs are better... but as 650 users can testify, just cuz it may look purty doesn't been it's golden! The P50 may have alot of features spec-wise but it still may be a terrible phone as initially described or it may have horrible battery life etc... We'll just have to wait and see real world experiences first...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've never held one, but I think the length of the BenQ might be a turnoff. There's a lot of PDA above you're thumbs when you're typing and every additional MM of dimension makes it that much more trouble to put in your pocket.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Not all the specs are better. The GSM Treo 650 will support EDGE, whereas the P50 will only have GPRS capability.
    no EDGE..that is a bummer
    We will have to wait to see. It looks like it will be better than the 650 in everyway I can tell.
    like Funk said, and as I've always maintained with these devices - TRY one for a few weeks to see how it really works. Don't get sucked in by lots of flashy specs - give whatever X new geegaw phone that looks cool, a try, and then compare to the design and usability elegance of the Treo. Most of them are pretenders, and fall way short.
    We'll see, with the Benq.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    like Funk said, and as I've always maintained with these devices - TRY one for a few weeks to see how it really works. Don't get sucked in by lots of flashy specs - give whatever X new geegaw phone that looks cool, a try, and then compare to the design and usability elegance of the Treo. Most of them are pretenders, and fall way short.
    We'll see, with the Benq.

well, we just have to see real world benchmark. Personally I think the Samsung i730 has bigger chance beating t650 since it's Samsung second version. P50 is BenQ first PPC phone ever.
    well, ska/purple, I've held one of those Samsung slider things, and that sucker is plain HEAVY. I will admit that it's kinda neat how the slider pops down (much better than the various HTC/XDA/Harrier/SX66 iterations), but still - overall, the i730 is big and heavy, and it just won't work as a full time phone. It's a PDA with phone add in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Not all the specs are better. The GSM Treo 650 will support EDGE, whereas the P50 will only have GPRS capability.
    Even though P50 doesn't have the EDGE, but it does have a much faster connection.... 802.11b!
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    Even though P50 doesn't have the EDGE, but it does have a much faster connection.... 802.11b!
    Also, THUNDERHAWK only works on PPC's as far as I know. Faster!
    Engadget just ripped on the BenQ: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000580026370/
    I told you BenQ gonna need perfect execution for their first phone or else...

There are at least 3 competitors gunning for next spot before the next OS comes out. When the next OS comes out in Q3. It's all over. Everybody will push their newest model. There will be at least 3 of them on the wing..if not 4 or 5.

frankly, I don't think P50 is going to make it. It miss the window already. They might as well move on to next model and OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    It looks like it will be better than the 650 in everyway I can tell.
    Really? It has a lower resolution screen, no EDGE, no keyboard backlight, and worse (quoted) battery life. That's not to say that it doesn't have some advantages over the 650 (it clearly does). I'm just responding to your point that it's better in every way. It's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    Really? It has a lower resolution screen, no EDGE, no keyboard backlight, and worse (quoted) battery life. That's not to say that it doesn't have some advantages over the 650 (it clearly does). I'm just responding to your point that it's better in every way. It's not.
    lol
    yeah whatever. treo650 doesn't even have enough RAM to run properly as PDA and barely functional BT.
    Works fine as a PDA for me and other than sending/receiving files and using an earpiece, I can't think of anything else I need BT to do. :-)
    Well I don't know all the tech lingo but the benQ is just **** U-G-L-Y!! If its gonna have any chance at all aside from the technology its gotta get a little prettier for sure. It looks like one of those big calculators from Texas Instruments for God's sake!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryP2375
    Well I don't know all the tech lingo but the benQ is just **** U-G-L-Y!! If its gonna have any chance at all aside from the technology its gotta get a little prettier for sure. It looks like one of those big calculators from Texas Instruments for God's sake!!

oh please. treo 650 is a left over from bio-mechano look from 2003. It's way over. Too many button, roundish bulges, antenna... It's buldging all over. Minimalist smooth line is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    oh please. treo 650 is a left over from bio-mechano look from 2003. It's way over. Too many button, roundish bulges, antenna... It's buldging all over. Minimalist smooth line is in.
    Then stay away from the current PPC models. They're bulging all over the place. The SX66 is like holding a brick. If a nub antenna gives me better reception, I'll take it.

As for the buttons, I like pressing them and having a corresponding letter appear on the screen, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    You don't need to get so defensive. Look I am not saying that the treo is it for looks! I don't even own one. Still on the fence as to what I wanna purchase. But if I had my choice between the two based on looks alone the treo gets my vote...However the benQ (minimalist look as you say) looks like it goes back to the movie E.T.!! The treo 600-650 line certainly is a much, much better looking product IMHO. Hey, if you like it thats fine, but don't try to attack everyone elses opinion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast