1.    #1  
    I spent enough time waiting for the treo 650 GSM. Everybody knows the gsm version will face the same problems. Well today is the day I decided to say good bye to PalmOne (after 1 handspring 180, 270, 1 handspring 600 and a couple of replacement units) and welcome to the new Nokia 6630. I just looked at the specs and gosh what a piece of hardware. I never bought a Nokia smartphone before but today is the day I changed my mind.

The symbian OS is really easy to learn and to use. The software library is nice in term of application and games. But the most important are the multimedia capabilities of the 6630. It's incredible what you can do with this unit. Once thing, this unit never crashed, never reset by itself.

I just wanted to share my story...
    I've looked at reviews, etc.. for this phone also. Do you have it yet? Have you tried web browsing with it, how well does it do for that?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    say bye bye to the thousands of programs you can get with the palm. JK. Congrats and good luck on your purchase.
    Not that comparable a device. If you a symbian os smartphone look at the SE 910 or Nokia 9500 Communicator. If you want a Pocket PC device look at the PDA2K or SX66.

What is the Nokia 6630 anyway? (besides ugly.) How do you compose an email on it? T9. I'm supposed to keep up-to-date with email using T9? And for me, being able to do small edits of a Word doc is what makes a smartphone smart.

On the other hand whatever fits your needs. Maybe the 6630 is good for browsing, games, quick pictures and that's all you need.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I wouldn't define a smart phone as one that edit word documents. Whatever suits your need, but word editing is the last thing I want.

If you have to resort to calling something ugly, then you must have good arguements against it. You want ugly? How about the SE 910 or Nokia 9500 (I've had an SE 900). They are ugly.

The 6630 is the latest in Series 60 devices, and this is something P1 should be watching. Nokia sells a boat load of Series 60 phones and that's likely to increase as they get more models and cover both higher and lower prices with them. The penetration in the U.S. isn't as high, but they are all over in Europe.

An easy to use phone, addressbook, calendar, and browser (with maybe some email) is going to be able to address a huge part of the smart phone market, so don't dismiss this kind of device.

Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Not that comparable a device. If you a symbian os smartphone look at the SE 910 or Nokia 9500 Communicator. If you want a Pocket PC device look at the PDA2K or SX66.

What is the Nokia 6630 anyway? (besides ugly.) How do you compose an email on it? T9. I'm supposed to keep up-to-date with email using T9? And for me, being able to do small edits of a Word doc is what makes a smartphone smart.

On the other hand whatever fits your needs. Maybe the 6630 is good for browsing, games, quick pictures and that's all you need.
    Great idea! Where are you gonna carry wireless keyboard for it, in your breast pocket?
    http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,58982,00.html
    I had a symbian phone for awhile. Here are reasons the treo blows it away.

-screen size and resolution is alot smaller with symbian. I think its 176 x 200.

- t9 input is awful compared to a qwerty keyboard. Forget about composing emails and IM

-No replacement apps for most of the Palm apps that I use.

-no touch screen.

-If your syncing with Outlook, prepare yourself for some major frustration. The nokia sync tools stink.
    I can't believe this is still in the 650 forum

What gives?
    The 6630 is a nice phone. I decided against it because of the relative price, and I didn't see it as a true PDA replacement. Great for a phone, though.
    Something to talk about while we STILL wait for the GSM version.

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg

What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg

What gives?
    <you're right, moved>