1.    #1  
    My colleague and me, a 100% Treo 600 and 650 lover.

Since we can't wait for the GSM Treo 650 out, we finally changed to PocketPC O2Xda Mini.

I don't know why, PalmOne hold the delivery of GSM Treo. They really miss out many opportunity to capture customers.

What a stupid marketing decision!!! (They want to create noise, they want to increase the eager)

However, it won't work in this fast changing world!!!
    New challenger come out everyday, every minutes.

Product Link:
    http://www.myxda.com/product/XdaIImi...ate/Product.vm

Incredible small :menu:
    Last edited by garykwok; 01/11/2005 at 04:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by garykwok

Since we can't wait for the GSM Treo 650 out, we finally changed to PocketPC O2Xda Mini.

I don't know why, PalmOne hold the delivery of GSM Treo. They really miss out many opportunity to capture customers.

What a stupid marketing decision!!! (They want to create noise, they want to increase the eager)

I couldn't agree more. But mind you P1 STILL thinks the US is their most important market, which is comparatively behind most Asian consumer markets, particularly when it comes to hi-tech gadgets like smartphones. Imagine, the VHS machine is still like gold in the US, whereas over in Hong Kong, the DVD-recorder/player and plasma TV markets are growing fast as these become more and more affordable. I know a colleague who also waited 6 months for the t650, but he's given up too, for a O2 Xda Mini. If it weren't so troublesome to switch to pocket pc, I would do the same!!

Yep, very naive of the P1 marketing folks when it comes to global marketing!! As the Chinese saying goes, one caught the moose but does not know how to remove the horns.... darn pitiful for P1.

A more and more disappointed treo 600 user
    If the mini had a keyboard, I would consider it.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

Just out of interest where did you buy it from and at what cost?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Is it because Sprint negotiated a period of exclusivity when they released the CDMA version?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Just out of interest where did you buy it from and at what cost?
    O2Xda Mini sell everywhere over the world.
    ~US$650

A great phone with Bluetooth 1.2 (Support Stereo BT Headset), 1.3M Camera.

Of coz, much slim and light weight than Treo.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I've tried the Treo 600 and 650, VZ6600, and just purchased an iMate Jam.

For me, the Jam is the best. Sweet small size, the power of multitasking, great display & battery life, and bluetooth 1.2.

I've found a keyboard to be overated. I mostly used it when I shouldn't have...driving. The character recognizers/graffitti like apps are fine for me. If I need to type a novel it can wait untill I get to my laptop.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    O2Xda Mini sell everywhere over the world.
    ~US$650

A great phone with Bluetooth 1.2 (Support Stereo BT Headset), 1.3M Camera.

Of coz, much slim and light weight than Treo.

Hmmm, went into local O2 store and asked the manager about it and he said he'd never heard of it!

Found it on Expansys any how....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Hmmm, went into local O2 store and asked the manager about it and he said he'd never heard of it!

Found it on Expansys any how....
    I think it's called i-mate Jam in the US, and O2 Xda Mini rest of the world. BTW, I just had the opportunity to try out the Mini. Appearance and functionalities are similar to the t 650, with size even smaller overall. Looks really smart. About the camera, while it features a 1.3 mega pixel, the quality of the shots taken indoors looks not that decent, and judging by the pix on indoor shots taken by the t 650 vga camera, it appears the t650 camera is quite close to the the Mini in pix quality.

I was really quite impressed by the small size of the Mini. If it weren't for a lack of keyboard, I'd seriously consider switching to pocket pc and buy one.