Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Boy this fun....I just found out how to increase the frame Bitrate from 10 to 19.

Go to
    HKey Local Machine\Software\HTC\Camera\ReParam\MP4Large (or Medium or Small).

Change the FramRate value from 10 to 19 and now it should record 19 frames a second instead of ten.

QUESTION FOR THE MORE KNOWLEDGABLE: I believe that we might also be able to increase the quality of the images.

Go to:

HKey Local Machine\Software\HTC\Camera\Image\JpegQuality\

There are four subfolders Basic, Normal, Fine, SuperFine.

Under each of these with the follow values to choose from:
    LLSize
    LSize
    MSize
    SSize
    Value

Can we edit these to increase the quality of the images? If so what are each one. I think I could make some educated guesses, but that is what they would be...guesses.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/05/2006 at 11:39 PM.
  2.    #22  
    This was just posted over on PDAphoneHome and thought it might be of interest to some over here:

To keep the Green LED from flashing or coming on at all go to

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/NLEDMGR leave the dll name as NLEDMGR.dll

Change the Index value below it to "0" it is currently set to "1".

This seems to completely shut off the LED and keeps it from getting called up.

Make sure you soft reset after making the reg. change.
    Hobbes, you're turning into a monster. Get ahold of yourself. LOL
  4.    #24  
    Advice from "Mr. 973-Posts-In-3-Days?" LOL!!!!!
    990 with this post

I plan to disappear from all these forums soon. I maybe switching careers.

Good night, TreoCentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    990 with this post

Good night, TreoCentral.
    You gotta at least post 10 more for an even grand! Amazing...
    *sparks*
  7.    #27  
    990 with this post

Good night, TreoCentral.
    LOL...at first read I thought you said carriers, and was thinking, so what peeps from all carriers are here...then I read it again.

If so, good luck in an new adventures!!!!
    990 with this post

Good night, TreoCentral.
    At least get to 1000.......
    Are these registry hacks just for the 660x or any PPC?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    At least get to 1000.......
    5 more to go? Hell, I can do that in 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Registries are pretty similar on any device running the same/similar versions of Windoze. So, these might work on any PPC device provided you are running the same or similar iterations of Windows.

Always go carefully when you muck with the registry. A safe backup of your registry somewhere is a good start.

Bob Duckworth
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Generally speaking, they are for any PPC WM2003SE OS hacks. If you see HTC involved in the registry address then that is specific for 660x series of phones for sure.

Bob is right, just make sure you have everything backed up just in case and then you are good to go.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 02/24/2005 at 04:15 PM.
    I saw the change to 32768 be advised and it worked great. Can the change to 65536 or higher be made without hurting our 6600/6601?

PPC-6600 / Jabra BT 800 / Stack 3500... Loving life
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Here is another one for you Setting the End Button to turn off Radio and Data or Just Data Connection....thanks to Bob Duckworth....This is good as some people want to end data connections to reduce the possibility of the BoD on Sprint phones, while others may want it set everything into Flight Mode while holding down the end button for a couple seconds.
    Hobbes, do you actually have to hold the end button for a couple of seconds to do this? On my Orange M2000 it seems to end the data connection even with one very short, quick press.

One thing I did notice by accident today was that a long press on the on/off button dims the screen (I'm sure this is very basic but I don't remember seeing it in the Orange documentation). Do you know if it's possible to change this (I'd like to use this for flight mode if possible).

thanks
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Moved my ringtones into my storage card and changed the registry value for "\Windows\Rings\" to "\Storage Card\Rings\"
    and i saved myself 3.0 MB
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Heres another one, thanks to the guys over at HoFo helping me getting it work.....

First of all download the sound files I found on the net that I modified to make as loud as possible and save them in your Windows directory on your PPC device.

In the HKCU/ControlPanel/Sounds and you will see DTMF1-0 and *,# keys. In each of the registry keys delete the Sound DWORD data and insert a new string data named Sound. Then gave it the value of "\windows\*.wav" without the quotes and put in the name of the file you want to use for the sound, i.e. 1.wav for the 1 button.

That's it...now when you press two on the phonepad, it will say "Two".

The only cath is that it only plays the wav file for as long as you keep the button pressed. So if you hit and release the button too fast you only hear "thr...." instead of "three".

Is there a setting we can add to tell it play the whole wave file when the button is pushed?

Then it would be perfect

two questions on this; well two and a half
    1) do you still use these wavs
    2) Have you tired the Idail or Ipad cabs.
    2.1) where do you copy the CAB files too?

http://www.myehud.com/xv6600/cabs/
  17.    #37  
    1) You can find them posted in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=69737

2) Nope....try asking Ehud over at PDAhomephone
    Hello,

After successfully getting the Bluetooth DUN connection to work with my XV6600 Pocket PC, I can see that there seems to be a "cap" on the speeds in which the connection will allow. My question is... Is there anyway that we can modify the registry or such to take the "cap" off so the speeds will be greater? I can REALLY notice a difference in the increase in connection speeds when I use the USB cable connection as a DUN. I wasn't sure if there was a way to make the Bluetooth connection any faster. I know that there are a handfull of things that can me "modified" in the units registry, using a registry editor program... I wasn't sure if making the Bluetooth DUN connection faster editing the registry was even possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. if this has already been discussed, can you please point me in the direction of the thread? Thanks again!
  19.    #39  
    <<Bump>>

Since there is a whole bunch of brand new WM device owners, I thought I would bump this thread for those who are interested in reg hacks with their new 700w.
  20.    #40  
    I have been having a heck of a time with my Today screen text changing to white everytime I changed my Theme. Not a problem with some Themes, but it makes the next near invisible with others. So after a quick search I found this great short thread explaining how to change just about any color you want in the Registry:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...xt+color+today

Originally posted by macondoman
    For those of you who know how to work with the registry, you can add a binary value named '39' to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Color

The data is in the format 00 00 00 00 (four bytes in hex)
    The first three bytes (first three pairs of numbers) are the hex RGB values (red green and blue respectively).

39 = 00 00 FF 00 would be BLUE

The other values you see in that key, control the color of all the rest of the visible items in the OS. For example, I like certain phone dialer skin but prefer the button's text in black. That would be binary key '19' = 00 00 00 00

White would be FF FF FF 00

There is a freeware application named 'ColorView' which you can use to find out the RGB decimal values of any color.

Download here...

Just a curious tip for those interested.
    Do you know - is there a listing somewhere of what each key is for (i.e., 39=start menu, 19= phone keys, etc.)

Originally posted by macondoman
    4, Today Screen text
    5, Task Bar color left
    6, Today Screen horizontal bars
    7, System tray background
    8, Task Bar color right
    9, Vertical start bar and Application Title/Clock text
    10, Notification multi-icon highlight (when tapped to show Notification Tray)
    11, Notification Tray background
    12, Notification icon highlight (when icon is tapped on Notification Tray)
    13, Normal Notification title color left
    14, Normal Notification title color right
    15, Notes/Tasks/etc List background color left 2
    16, Notes/Tasks/etc List background color right 2
    19, Phone Dialer keys text color
    25, Critical Notification title color left
    26, Critical Notification title color right
    27, Normal Notification title text (works in 2002 and 2003)
    28, Critical Notification title text (works in 2002 and 2003)
    36, (works only in PPC2003) Notes/Tasks/etc List background color left 1
    37, (works only in PPC2003) Notes/Tasks/etc List background color right 1
    38, (works only in PPC2003) I don't see where this color is used by the OS, but the Spiral.tsk that comes with 2003 sets it to c2,06,05 If you see what it does, tell me oe1kenobi at hotmail.com
    39, (works only in PPC2003) Start Menu text
    40, (works only in PPC2003) Tap-and-hold dots

There are more in between that you might want to try and see what they control. Backup first, please.
    I worked great. Now if it ever happens again, I can change any color to anything I want to.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast