1.    #1  
    O.K. Guys, The VZN handset arrived while I was gone. All charged overnight and ready to activate. Question: I have the Active Sync backup files from the old SPCS unit. Do you think I'm safe in reloading those files to the VZN handset? I can't imagine that they contain any ROM-based settings such as the SPCS BC or OS versions, but I'm new to the PPC platform and just don't know.

It's not a terrbile hassle to ditch the older AS version and reinstall the VZN version, but, that means configuring the handset from scratch and I'm a lazy SOB.

Thanks,

and Happy New Year.

Bob Duckworth
  2.    #2  
    Also, inteesting, it appears that the VZN device allows the user to only turn the radio off via "Flight mode". Others had reported this and I attributed it to inexperience on their part. Seems they are right. The "RED" end call button does not appear to turn off the cell radio on this device.

RMD
    That could probably be fixed by editing the registry....but I don't know where.
  4.    #4  
    Interesting. We'll save that for a later date.

DSL REPORTS thoughput on the 1x net is really slow here at home like 56K. Of well, until EV-DO comes that will have to do.

Bob Duckworth