1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me get my hands on the O2 Xda IIs (same as the I-Mate PDA2K, ect....) except in Black. I know it is sold in UK and a couple of other places in Europe, but I would rather have the O2 version (I like the color better and has a camera which the SX66 does not). I have tried several Online shops, sent them e-mails and got nothing in response. I found one site that would sell it for $1355.00 NO F-ing way I would pay that much for a different color and a camera!) Hell I know I can get an unlocked I-mate PDA2K for $899 (and that comes with a camera) but I really like the color of the O2.

If you know how I can get my hands on one, for a reasonable price please let me know. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by John_JHF1
    Can anyone help me get my hands on the O2 Xda IIs (same as the I-Mate PDA2K, ect....) except in Black. I know it is sold in UK and a couple of other places in Europe, but I would rather have the O2 version (I like the color better and has a camera which the SX66 does not). I have tried several Online shops, sent them e-mails and got nothing in response. I found one site that would sell it for $1355.00 NO F-ing way I would pay that much for a different color and a camera!) Hell I know I can get an unlocked I-mate PDA2K for $899 (and that comes with a camera) but I really like the color of the O2.

If you know how I can get my hands on one, for a reasonable price please let me know. Thanks!
    Sure, I was thinking of buying one myself before. But the ppc6600 is the samething with just silver with half the price.
    Ebay is the place. Check a seller with high feedback.
    Search for "XDA" and categorize with highest price first. They tend to be around $950 and up.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I know the PPC6600 and I-Mate PDA2K, and the other devices by different names are the same things, but the main thing I wanted was the Gun Metal Black color. Also, there are a few changes in the configuration, such as 64MB vs 96MB RAM and some software differences. But all-in-all, I would just like to have the darker color.
    So is this for functionality or flare?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    So is this for functionality or flare?
    Come on man, you know it is for functionality....but noboby said functionality can't look good also! if all you wanted was functionality, a laptop is much more functional and with a bluetooth cell phone like the Razor (very stylish) you would have it made. But yes I do want functionality and I like the look of the darker unit. That is way they sell cars, and homes in different colors...all functional, but tastes will differ.

Also, don't forget the O2 version comes with a camera, my SX66 does not, and has more memory (meeting your functionality test ) Plus a slight variation on the software also.
  6.    #6  
    And, oh yeah, if I can get the O2 version for about the same price...WHY THE HECK NOT?! Hell I paid $550 for the SX66, for that much money for a phone....I want it in black?! 'nuff said......now if you know how I can get one for a reasonable price, I would greatly appreciate your assistance....if not, don't worry about it man...enjoy your silver phone and have a great day
  7.    #7  
    Hey guys, I think I might of found a site that is selling the O2 XDA IIs form $560 - $150 without a contract. I have contacted the vender for the $150 price to inquire on more information. If it turns out to be real (which I have to admit, sound very, very UNREAL) I will pass on the website to everyone. The site is a worldwide website that connects Wholesalers/Suppliers and Companies/Buyers. Most of the other venders listed require that you buy 5 or 10 units at a time for about $550 each (those seem to make sense to me). But, this one Wholesaler in Italy is willing to sell for $150 one unit at a time (it is the odd ball of the group, that is why I am not sure it is real).

But if other vendors are selling the O2 XDA IIs for around $550, maybe we could put together a group of 5 people that would want to purchase 5 units. Anyone up for that option if the $150 option fails???
    John, are you just looking for the black case? Otherwise, I believe you would be far better off with one of the US carrier-branded devices, i.e., the Cingular Siemens SX-66. Even if it is the same thing at the same price (OK, no camera, but...), think of the service nightmares you will have if the little fellow breaks down. Ship it off to England? Or Dubai? Sounds like more trouble than it might be worth.

Someone long ago was able to paint or enamel the Treo 600 case. Perhaps that would work for you?

I'm just really skittish about buying something like this that will require overseas service. I wouldn't even buy a Lexus until we got a dealer in my town, even when there was another dealer just 100 miles away.
    http://www.doctordalai.com
  9.    #9  
    Well, I really like the black color and would like a camera on it...the other differences are minor to me. But if this seller is real about the $150, hell I would take the chance. Although I am still very unsure about the Vendor in Italy. I do like that idea that you brought up about painting or enameling the unit, do you have any idea where that thread is? Thanks for your help
    I did a search (Yay, ME!), but apparently some of the really old posts have been purged. I vaguely remember someone disassembling his 600 and enamaling it bright Ferarri red... I'm not sure that would work on a PDA2k because of the slider. Silver isn't that bad....

As far as the guy in Italy goes, well, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. $150 for a $550 phone just isn't right. Either it's a scam, or he is quoting the wrong phone. Be very very careful!
    http://www.doctordalai.com
  11.    #11  
    Yeah Dalai I know what you mean. I think I am going to give it up. I would keep the SX66 but no camera, so I will have to get an I-Mate PDA2K instead. I dont think I will try to paint it. I did a search and found most of them on Treo 300. And I'll tell you, they looked like crap! There is no way I'm taking the phone apart just to paint it! That would be way too much hassle. Good point about the repair issues, I didnt stop to think about that, I guess I have been very luck with phones, never needed repairs. I always bought new phones well before my old ones could crap out on me.

Okay, now all I have to do is find a website to buy my new toy....I mean PDA2K... from for cheap
    Last edited by John_JHF1; 01/15/2005 at 08:03 AM.