Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I know the Treo but I don't know the PPC.
    I've read several post but I just can't and won't order a device unless I can hold the thing in my hands.
    When will this be in the stores???
    I would bet after 1/1/2005. Seems I read somewhere that VZN telesales would handle regular customer orders on 12/20, but no mention of store stock. Cingular is selling the Seimens unit, but no idea if that one is in stores either.

Sorry,

Bob Duckworth
    The Cingular, Siemens SX66 is now in stores.
    I'll have to take a look at the SX66 in stores. If the size is not a factor, I'm in line to try a 6600 when available.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I read on HoFo that some apps were sluggish to access.
    Can someone confirm Farzon or Hobboes were are ya…
    There were comments that SPB PocketPlus slows down launches a bit. I thought it was trivial in my experience. Also, SPB PP has the ability to kill a running program rather than minimize it, so, it was easy to keep the device clean of left-over running programs using SPB PP. (Pressing the "OK" button just minimizes the program, its still in the background in memory.) Also, depending upon the number of programs running, you will definitely see slow launches when the device has a number of open programs running in the background just like on your WinDoze laptop or desktop.

Believe me, it is not a problem for most of us.

Bob Duckworth
    Last edited by rduckwor; 12/19/2004 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    There were comments that SPB PocketPlus slows down launches a bit. I thought it was trivial in my experience. Also, SPB PP has the ability to kill a running program rather than minimize it, so, it was easy to keep the device clean of left-over running programs using SPB PP. (Pressing the "OK" button just minimizes the program, its still in the background in memory.) Also, depending upon the number of programs running, you will definitely see slow launches when the device has a number of open programs running in the background just like on your WinDoze laptop or desktop.

Believe me, it is not a problem for most of us.

Bob Duckworth
    Perfect answer.

During launch with the SPB Pocket Plus is the only time I can personally recall any sluggishness (if that's a word?).

Other than that I remember thinking when I first got about how fast is seemed to run and load programs.