Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1.    #21  
    I really don't feel a need to defend my posts, but thought that several of the issues or questions brought up deserved a response or clarification. So, I will try to answer some of your questions:

    I just want to clarify that I have said over and over again, that each phone has it's perfect market and person.....and not every phone is for everyone. I have been nothing but honest, fair, balanced when posting with no loyalty to any phone or OS. I am guilty of being excited for finding a phone that finally meets the demands of my job, but have ALWAYS pointed out the benefits and challenges of both phones on all forums I post in. I am not here to convert but to explain to help those making the right decision for their needs and wants.....what ever phone they choose.

    Like I have said over and over, I have loads of friends that have the 650 and love because it suites their needs perfectly. I also have friends that now have the 660x because they have found it meets their demands better. One is NOT better than the other....the whole point to this thread was to point out the fact that it IS important to choose the phone that will actually do what you need or want without a deciding factor being based on loyality to an OS or manufacturer.

    Swap for example took a logical approach. She listed out the benenfits and challenges for the treo 650 and the benefits and challenges of the 660x and made a decision. Nothing more than deciding what phone would suite her needs best. Many have done the same approach and purchased the 650 and have been very happy with it.

    I do not know what inconsistencies you are refering to, or if that was directed at me or not, but again I have strived to fair and honest in my posting on this and all the other forums I post in. If you have any questions about these, please let me know and I can help clarify any misunderstanding.

    As for the GPS, the only one that I have heard about working consistantly on the 650 is the TomTom. There may be more now, as I have not followed up it much since I originally posted this a month ago on Dec 18. I have a BT BPS from iTrek and we simply could not get it work on the 650.

    As for my Boss crawling....I never intended to give that impression. They were struck by the WOW factor of the 660x, but due to the lack of the RIM support (which is reported to be included in the latest release of this series of this phone soon to be released in EU...YAAAAY!) they cannot consider it. But as for my coworkers, as my posts illude to, I have never pushed my phone on any of them. In fact I just sat quietly during some of the treo loyalist's redicule at the beginning and quietly just used the phone that made me happy. Only by using it alone has it caught so much attention. My coworkers who are travelling all the time, some have found this phone simply meets the demands of their jobs better than the 650. Others still are sticking with the 650 are still very happy with it. Again, as it should be.

    As for why not pulling out a laptop....it is very challenging or not easy to do while sitting a resteraunt, at Starbucks, in a meeting when you want info fast without a lot of attention, in a car, or etc..... There are a number of reasons Wifi becomes an invaluable tool without having to lug around a full laptop over your shoulder and pulling it out everywhere you go.

    And as far as being active on a Treo forum without currently owning one...First of all I had the 600 for over 10 months and loved it. I fell in love with this community and find it a welcoming enviroment no matter what. This forum specifically fits the needs of many users that are unique from everyone else in the market....Treo users and lovers who know have or are looking at migrating to another platform. Common background. Common experiences. Common learning curve challenges. Common love for this community. Most of us are active in the other forums dedicated to the PPC or 660x, but find there is a specific nitch of people that are served well here.

    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/15/2005 at 07:56 PM.
  2. sledgie's Avatar
    Posts
    497 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #22  
    lol. hobbes and bob and everyone must be marketing geniuses! imagine, coming to the treocentral boards, where EVERY palmos user goes to read. and posting in the OTHER SMARTPHONES thread section. fancy that.
    c'mon. dont you realize that almost everyone here has been a palm user. the reason i always come down to this thread was because i want to see whats new or coming on the horizon. what other options there are. thats what its HERE for. they aren't posting in the 600 and 650 forums. they are posting right where it belongs... which brings my question to you, camartin:
    what are YOU doing down here? feeling the 600 or 650 doesn't quite fit your needs? if you read back a couple hundred posts from hobbes bob farz and other posters, they've been posting here for some time. informing others about their PERSONAL experiences with the device. not everything they say is positive, point being bob duckworth bringing to our attention the "beep of death" that hit spcs phones. or the non dedicated mail server smtp of vzw. get over yourself. maybe you are down here because YOU are looking for the new and upcoming phones. did we mention vzw has EVDO in some places and bob and others get 300-400kbps? nobody is trying to sway anybody - its just some of us have been so thrilled and astonished at what WM2003SE can do we cant help but be impressed. the phone LOOKS different, that is what attracts attention. slide away keyboard is fancy too. i've had people range from doctors to coffee shop people ask me what it is and what it can do. this isnt the year of the treo anymore. people arent shocked to see treos anymore as they are other devices. just understand that nothing that has been said is trying to sway people. its simply the thrill and wanting to share the joy of a new device as powerful as this.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    (in fact, not to get TOO graphic, but I actually made my post, ummm...on the....throne. No keyboard or mouse needed there). Heh.
    Nrosser: You have "outed" us; until now it was our secret that we use these devices "Everywhere".

    Too funny!!!

    Bob Duckworth
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    (in fact, not to get TOO graphic, but I actually made my post, ummm...on the....throne. No keyboard or mouse needed there). Heh.
    Heh - no room for a mouse or keyboard in that scenario, for sure!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    lol. hobbes and bob and everyone must be marketing geniuses! imagine, coming to the treocentral boards, where EVERY palmos user goes to read. and posting in the OTHER SMARTPHONES thread section. fancy that.
    c'mon. dont you realize that almost everyone here has been a palm user. the reason i always come down to this thread was because i want to see whats new or coming on the horizon. what other options there are. thats what its HERE for. they aren't posting in the 600 and 650 forums. they are posting right where it belongs... which brings my question to you, camartin:
    what are YOU doing down here? feeling the 600 or 650 doesn't quite fit your needs? if you read back a couple hundred posts from hobbes bob farz and other posters, they've been posting here for some time. informing others about their PERSONAL experiences with the device. not everything they say is positive, point being bob duckworth bringing to our attention the "beep of death" that hit spcs phones. or the non dedicated mail server smtp of vzw. get over yourself. maybe you are down here because YOU are looking for the new and upcoming phones. did we mention vzw has EVDO in some places and bob and others get 300-400kbps? nobody is trying to sway anybody - its just some of us have been so thrilled and astonished at what WM2003SE can do we cant help but be impressed. the phone LOOKS different, that is what attracts attention. slide away keyboard is fancy too. i've had people range from doctors to coffee shop people ask me what it is and what it can do. this isnt the year of the treo anymore. people arent shocked to see treos anymore as they are other devices. just understand that nothing that has been said is trying to sway people. its simply the thrill and wanting to share the joy of a new device as powerful as this.

    you seem like somebody trying very hard to convince yourself.
  6. g.711's Avatar
    Posts
    550 Posts
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    lol. hobbes and bob and everyone must be marketing geniuses! imagine, coming to the treocentral boards, where EVERY palmos user goes to read. and posting in the OTHER SMARTPHONES thread section. fancy that.

    ... its simply the thrill and wanting to share the joy of a new device as powerful as this.




    what is your point?
  7. #27  
    Hi Hobbes, Has it been brought up that the Siemens got yanked from Cingular's website? I wonder why? I keep second guessing myself on sending mine back..... LOL

    BTW Thanks Hobbes, Duckworth et al for your posts! They are very helpful for those of us looking at all the options available for communications and productivity.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Hi Hobbes, Has it been brought up that the Siemens got yanked from Cingular's website? I wonder why? I keep second guessing myself on sending mine back..... LOL
    I heard that they were simply out of stock on the Cingular model. All sorts of ugly rumors floating about a recall, but I believe that they are simply out of them.

    Can't say for certain . . .

    Bob Duckworth
  9.    #29  
    That's what the word I got too....nothing more than simply OOS.

    Any post I have seen so far on any forum saying otherwise has generally been by a person with a strong history of Palm loyality, Pocket PC hater, a bad case of PPC-660x phobia, etc..... ...
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    in fact, not to get TOO graphic, but I actually made my post, ummm...on the....throne.
    WAY too much info......not a pretty picture...
  11. #31  
    Please don't take offense.you are obviously sincere and are jazzed about your phone and I agree that it is good to learn about more than the treo on this valuable forum.
  12. #32  
    My company is building and marketing Windows smartphone. I skipped the first generation. The next one looks very good with integrated keyboard. If it does it well this time around, I will consider it seriously. I was happy though with the regular Windows phone. Very customizable, stable, and high-res.

    Until that next gen comes out, for now, I will stick with my Treo GSM. And I deny directly influencing my two other colleagues for buying a Treo instead of our Windows smartphone. Due to my customer facing job, I will have to secure one of such models very soon, and keep my Treo for my own private use.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions