1.    #1  
    Has the battery life for the PPC6601 had a drastic impact on people? I know its pretty bad, which is really the only thing holding me back, but has it been a problem for people?
    Not really. Of course depending upon how you use the device (BT, WIFI, continual polling of your mail servers) you may run it down. Cool things: VZN offers a spare battery which the cradle will charge at the same time you charge the phone, The USB cable wll recharge the phone while in the cradle (w/o plugging in the travel charger), and VZN will sell you a spare battery for $29.95 (1/2 price) when you buy the phone

HTH

Bob Duckworth.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i wouldn't call the battery "pretty bad" at all - it's roughly the same talk time that is advertised on the package and in specs, about 3.5 hours (i got close at 6% at 3 hr 20 min with screen brightness on next to lowest setting) and considering the battery size, it's not too shabby. the extra battery will EASILY have you make it throughout the day. if you do about 2 hours talking and an hour or so of surfing / polling your mail you should make it til about 7 pm if your normal workday starts at 9am. i think considering the slimness of the battery they did a *decent* job with it. If the 2000 battery comes out we'll be cooking with oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by interclubs
    Has the battery life for the PPC6601 had a drastic impact on people? I know its pretty bad, which is really the only thing holding me back, but has it been a problem for people?
    I have stated several times that is simply not true. I am convince that this is a mythical rumor started and continually spread by those who have never even seen one in real life and feel threatened of the power of the 660x when looking at their phone that they just bought.

As stated above, as with any phone...it depends on how you use it. If you are running BT, BC every 10 sec, with a Wifi card constantly browsing the net, the screen on full bright, all while talking to your girlfriend for 185 minutes....then Yes the power is going to suck......as it would with ANY PHONE (if that phone could even all that).

The other day I took a trip over to Idaho. I probably made and answered 30-40 calls, watched the whole movie of Finding Nemo on the plane (which BTW was really nice with no stalls or skipped frames), a couple quick checks on a website, and had BC set to check my email every 15 minutes. By the time I finished traveling and got done with my meetings and got back to the Hotel I still had around 25% left. Not bad at all.

Even using my Socket Low Power Wifi Card, it does really good. Does it take more power, of course...but not dangerously fast in any sense.

The cool thing about this phone is how fast it charges. This is THE FASTEST charging phone I have every had. In fact I timed the other day and it charges a full percent about every 30 seconds. So if you are down to 60% and you plug into your car charger while driving to get a bite to eat for lunch then in 20 minutes you would be back up to full charge.