Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Let me know. I have a 3-month old Palmone Treo 600 (Sprint), 128 MB SD card, lots of sofware, original screen protector still on,.......let's work out a deal.
    but treo 600 is an old machine with non replaceable battery.
    Isn't it a hard bargain to do?

just curious.
    PPC-6601 is like 20x better than a Treo650... let alone a Treo600. Not sure why someone would switch back.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I just ordered a Siemens SX66 (GSM version of PPC-6601) from my B2B rep at Cingular, should be here in 2-3 days. I want to give it a try, with their 30 day return policy I thought it would be good to see what everyone is talking about.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    i'll trade where should i send my t600
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    but treo 600 is an old machine with non replaceable battery.
    Isn't it a hard bargain to do?

just curious.
    That is because the Treo 600 still kicks *** of anything out there claiming to be a smartphone.

People see the 600 they think cool
    People see The Brick, they think geek

The Treo 600 might just be too sexy for you.
    I have detailed files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    That is because the Treo 600 still kicks *** of anything out there claiming to be a smartphone.

People see the 600 they think cool
    People see The Brick, they think geek

The Treo 600 might just be too sexy for you.
    fan boy cheerleading aside.
    you do realize that Li-ion has shelf life right? (hence the comment about replaceable battery)
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind
    fan boy cheerleading aside.
    you do realize that Li-ion has shelf life right? (hence the comment about replaceable battery)
    What makes you think that the Treo 600 battery is not replaceable???
    I have detailed files.
    What makes you think that the Treo 600 battery is not replaceable???

The fact that it isn't.

With enough will you can do anything...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    The fact that it isn't.

With enough will you can do anything...

-rob
    There is a big difference between non replaceable and non removeable.

There is not much will involved at all to change a battery. First of all, your treo may not live long enough to have battery issue. I personally have kept my unit fresh for an entire year by constant exchanges by PalmOne at the slightest hint of a problem. The last one is only a month old and flawless in appearance.

The bottom line is: the Treo 600 rocks. I know because a) I use it DAILY in a very professional environment b) I have a certain basic degree of understanding between what looks sleek and what looks geek c)I know that first and foremost the smartphone needs to look like a normal phone in your hands d) I can do almost anything one handed easily which helps while driving etc. e) the treo 600 already does everything the T650 does including Bluetooth via an adapter

Did I mention that it still looks a usable phone in a person's hands as opposed to a humongous brick especially with that tacky key board slipped out??!!

I mean how many calls do these PPC users make in public???? 1 or 2 a month?? How can you possible call this oversized POS a phone with a straight face? A rugged, full featured PDA, Yes. But a Smartp-h-o-n-e ... HELL NO!!!
    I have detailed files.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Did I mention that it still looks a usable phone in a person's hands as opposed to a humongous brick especially with that tacky key board slipped out??!!

I mean how many calls do these PPC users make in public???? 1 or 2 a month?? How can you possible call this oversized POS a phone with a straight face? A rugged, full featured PDA, Yes. But a Smartp-h-o-n-e ... HELL NO!!!
    Go outside and take a breath of fresh air.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    There is a big difference between non replaceable and non removeable. ...
    Thus the need for blue tooth. People talk on the phone too much anyway they should be posting on TC.
    Have held one of these PPCs? They don't look that much bigger to me.
    I remember when the t600 came out, some thought it was like a brick.
    Last edited by g.711; 12/17/2004 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ycats
    Let me know. I have a 3-month old Palmone Treo 600 (Sprint), 128 MB SD card, lots of sofware, original screen protector still on,.......let's work out a deal.
    I thought I'd up the ante by offering a 270 for that any unappreciated 6601. My 270 is an original and therefore a collector's item. I Snap my mail and Blaze through the web every weekday and it locks up only once or twice a day. It does not have a replaceable battery nor an SD card; BUT, it also does not have memory problems, nor does it beep.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Have held one of these PPCs? They don't look that much bigger to me.
    If it flies like a brick and lands like a brick.... it is a brick
    I have detailed files.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ..and that darn 650/600 hit me in the head the other day and almost poked my eye out with its antenna! stupid brick! at least be aerodynamic

So, how does treo600 fliy? Like a bird? Like a plane? like a glider?
    or does it float like ballon?

I am intrigue, do tell. As far as I know all handheld phone flies like a brick and lands like a brick, give or take a twitch.
    Ah yes, but a MULTI-TASKING brick with enough memory to be smart enough to run it's core apps without crashing and resetting all by itself. And with VC, you talk to it and tell it what to do for you.

Don't knock until you've tried it. You might be surprised.

Bob Duckworth
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    Ah yes, but a MULTI-TASKING brick with enough memory to be smart enough to run it's core apps without crashing and resetting all by itself. And with VC, you talk to it and tell it what to do for you.

Don't knock until you've tried it. You might be surprised.

Bob Duckworth
    but but but...treo flies like a bird!
    b) I have a certain basic degree of understanding between what looks sleek and what looks geek
    This is all coming from someone who calls themselves the Sherminator... I mean Treominator.

Laugh

You gotta love those single minded, can't look beyond the still external antenna, Palm fanatical, Anything other than treo hating, can't be caught cheating on another phone, Treo loyalists. That's what I love love TC and makes this little world on the net go 'round.

I to loved my 600 for over 10 months in an upper management, power user, road warrior, professional enviroment. But now after using your self named "Geek Brick" of a PPC-6601...I feel more like I graduated from the 600 to a new level of power mobility.

I laugh at those that claiming they are looking for the phone to help them in their pro life, yet care more about if it's more geek or sleek.

I said enough in other threads about how the 6601 compares to the ease of use, including one handed use, that you can just click on my name and click on threads started by me so see.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast