Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    thanks, great in depth description of the PPC experience !

(I meant that ! )
    Anytime.....I am not loyal to any OS or any device. When it comes time, I look at what each can do to meet the needs of my job and go with that. It use to be the Palm based Treo 600, now it is the PPC-6600, next it might be the Universal or the Treo 700....who knows?

that is what makes this so much fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This is usually the comment from Palm fan boys. Actually Hobbes, you should put your Today plugins into RAM. Journal Bar in fact requires it. But other than that, just about anything can be added via AS to a storage drive or Flash ROM, without doing any type of configuring or third party launcher.
    Thanks for sharing....I have never used Journal Bar, so if I ever try it, I won't have to be go through the hassle of figuring it out.

My general rule of thumb that I use, is if a OS based, or TSR type program, I install into Memory. If it is a program that I manually launch, like games, dictionaries, GPS Maps, ect.... I put them on my Storage Card.

If they are vital docs or programs, like Sprite backup program or vital spreadsheets for work, they go into storage so I even if I have a hard reset I am good to go.

What I also do is have Sprite in my storage and my daily backups on my storage card. That way if I have a hard reset while on the road, as soon as the it is back to out of the box specs, within 4 clicks I am back to where I was last night and never lost any of my vital work docs since they were in storage.

It is nice to have loads of extra memory to play around with how you want it, not being dictated how to do it by either the OS or limited storage/memory space.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Thanks for sharing....I have never used Journal Bar, so if I ever try it, I won't have to be go through the hassle of figuring it out.

My general rule of thumb that I use, is if a OS based, or TSR type program, I install into Memory. If it is a program that I manually launch, like games, dictionaries, GPS Maps, ect.... I put them on my Storage Card.

If they are vital docs or programs, like Sprite backup program or vital spreadsheets for work, they go into storage so I even if I have a hard reset I am good to go.

What I also do is have Sprite in my storage and my daily backups on my storage card. That way if I have a hard reset while on the road, as soon as the it is back to out of the box specs, within 4 clicks I am back to where I was last night and never lost any of my vital work docs since they were in storage.

It is nice to have loads of extra memory to play around with how you want it, not being dictated how to do it by either the OS or limited storage/memory space.
    I've just did some tinkering, from Kupes earlier post. Since he said he was able to run JB in SafeStore, I deleted my copy and reinstalled into into my NAND ROM (I have a Toshiba e755 WM2003.) Seems to work. I'm wondering since this is Flash ROM, if it's okay. (As is the case with Kupe's SafeStore)

The Today Screen is what I miss most on the Treo. My e755 has Journal Bar along with Pocket RSS running. But I love Chatter/push on the Treo. That would probably be the only thing holding me back from a WM device.

btw, I use Sprite as well. Great program.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Insertion,

I played around with it some more too. I think it is the memory architecture (i.e. Flash ROM / Safestore) that makes this possible. However, unless my eyes deceive me, when my plugins are in Safestore, there is a slight, but noticeable slowdown in Today screen refresh when I install my plugins to Safestore. It's all about tradeoffs I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Insertion,

I played around with it some more too. I think it is the memory architecture (i.e. Flash ROM / Safestore) that makes this possible. However, unless my eyes deceive me, when my plugins are in Safestore, there is a slight, but noticeable slowdown in Today screen refresh when I install my plugins to Safestore. It's all about tradeoffs I suppose.
    This is my experience so far as well, since I moved JB into Flash ROM. Stable, but a little slow but not that bad. If it behaves, I'll probably keep it there, I can deal with the slight delay.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    OMG! What happened to your Avatar insertion? It went from "cute" to hmmm . . . "disturbingly intriguing."
    any thoughts on the galaxy/wizard here?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    any thoughts on the galaxy/wizard here?
    I am certainly looking forward to the Wizard (doesn't that just seem like such a fruity name?)...since it will be alot like the current i-mate Jam, but with a slide out keyboard. The new OS, Wifi, and some other little features are a nice touch too
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234