1.    #1  
    I updated my prl Thursday or Friday, but hold no real hope that this helped. However, I have not had the beep since Monday. Also, I have heard nothing from SPCS since I last posted of my efforts with Tier II data techs.

Anyone else have any news?

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
  2.    #2  
    I put in a call to Debbie Stanford, my original SPCS connection to ask for her help in reaching engineering to discuss this problem. Maybe she has internal contacts that might be able to help.

Last ditch efort on my part.

Bob
    I have not heard anything either. I finally returned mine for the 650. I loved the 6601, but the beep made the thing worthless.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    I put in a call to Debbie Stanford, my original SPCS connection to ask for her help in reaching engineering to discuss this problem. Maybe she has internal contacts that might be able to help.

Last ditch efort on my part.

Bob
    No joy. She sent me back to Tier II and told me to ask for a supervisor. I played along with the guy as he looked for a trouble ticket. HE COULDN'T FIND ONE. Told me this time he actually entered one and that I would hear from them in "51 hours" at the max.

Well, tomorrow morning is it for me. I'm out then. Back to the T600 and maybe over to VZN.

I also got an email survey from SPCS since I had contacted them via email. My responses won't make them happy.

Bob Duckworth
    Bob,

Do you have any particular reasons why you are hesitant to try VZN? I think they can match or get close to your rate plans, give you the same or better coverage, and give you EV-DO data NOW. You can keep your same numbers, too.

I only ask because I took the leap on Friday, waiting for my phone to arrive tomorrow. I hope it was not a mistake. I actually got a better rate plan than Sprint offers (but my Sprint plan was quite old).

You can also get a very sweet price on the VZN model (likely $399 or so) with the data plan and 2-year service.

Oh, and NO BEEP...
    There was a bit of info here regarding the beep and BT issues.

CGordonn
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetLuvR
    Bob,

Do you have any particular reasons why you are hesitant to try VZN? I think they can match or get close to your rate plans, give you the same or better coverage, and give you EV-DO data NOW. You can keep your same numbers, too.

I only ask because I took the leap on Friday, waiting for my phone to arrive tomorrow. I hope it was not a mistake. I actually got a better rate plan than Sprint offers (but my Sprint plan was quite old).

You can also get a very sweet price on the VZN model (likely $399 or so) with the data plan and 2-year service.

Oh, and NO BEEP...
    Well, it isn't so sweet in the Omaha market where I'm based. The rep just called me back and offered me $534.99 for their XV6600 with a two year plan. She said that porting should be no problem with local numbers, but the out-of-town number would have to change. That's an issue as well.

The plan it self is roughly equivalvent to SPCS costs. I'm going to call the corporate contact and see if she has better info.

Good luck with you new service, be sure to let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Bob
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetLuvR
    Bob,

Oh, and NO BEEP...
    Gadget:

Just trying to avoid the hassle of switching. I like SPCS service fine and it works for me pretty much everywhere. Maybe its just human nature to avoid change.

Bob