1.    #1  
    I currently use GoodLink on a PPC-6601 to access my Exchange and POP email accounts. I began using GoodLink on a Good G100, and then subsequently used GoodLink on a Treo600 for about a year.

I love the GoodLink interface and have gotten used to never having to use a cradle; all email folders, calendar, contacts, etc are in synch all of the time.

Since I am new to the Pocket PC platform, I wanted to see if anyone on this forum have used both Pocket PC Outlook and GoodLink to evaluate how the two compare. Does Pocket PC Outlook require use of a cradle to do any synching? Is there any advantage of one over the other?

Thanks for any advice.
    it is the same thing as on a Treo. If you use a cradle or synching cable on your Treo, you will do the same thing on the PPC. If you use GoodLink, then you will continue to use GoodLink. I think you are confusing Outlook with GoodLink, they are not the same thing. Outlook is just another e-mail, calendar, contacts, etc... program. Treo, not being an MS based OS phone, uses a different program and thus will synce Treo version of Outlook with your real Outlook on your PC. You PPC uses a mobile version of the Outlook program found on you home or office PC. Thus it is more seamless that way. But GoodLink will work the same way.

Also, try doing a search on this site and you will find someone had posted a known issue with Goodlink and the Voice Command (dont remember who posted), but it is easy to fix this issue. Good Luck!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.
    I am a goodlink reseller, and I use the built-in outlook (ActiveSync) instead of GoodLink on mine). GoodLink is sluggish on the PPC platform in comparison. There are benifits in either option, but I choose the built-in outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_JHF1

Also, try doing a search on this site and you will find someone had posted a known issue with Goodlink and the Voice Command (dont remember who posted), but it is easy to fix this issue. Good Luck!
    Yeah, that was my solution. You can do a search and read the full details. To sum it up just use the cradled activesync to sync you contacts from time to time. This will put the needed "MS Contacts" copy of your contacts on your phone to let Voicecommand to work. Voicecommand can't read the GoodLink contacts database.