1.    #1  
    I loved the notepad on my T3 and it was smooth writing. I thought forsure that with the higher resolution screen with the 650, they would have installed NotePad in the rom. From what I've seen, every other jotting program for the 650 gives you a very jaggedy and sloppy writing even on the hi res screen. Or is there anything out there that would work for this. I loved being able to quickly write down notes or phone numbers etc.
    Hmmm... have you tried diddlebug?

http://diddlebug.sourceforge.net/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I too was quite upset Notepad was not on my 650. I had it on my Tungsten C, and I'm going to try to just copy the .prc file to my 650. Why wouldn't they have included such a nice little app? Maybe because they realize they didn't include enough memory?
  4.    #4  
    If you find a way to get it off the Palm let me know. I'll be the first one there.