1.    #1  
    I got it and love it. I would appreciate help on two questions:

1) I can't figure out how to go to/from landscape/portrait mode...can you help me?

2) As noted in other posts, the little documentation that comes with the device is minimal...is there a good set of documentation on the web somewhere?

Thanks!
    Oh, you are making me so jealous. I hope the 6600 comes out very soon. Any word from anyone?
    Me too. Don't own one, so I can't verify this to work, but found this is another thread

There's no functionality in IE itself that does this.
    There are two way of achieving this:

1) Tap Start > Settings. Select the System tab. From within the System menu, tap Screen.
    Once you're in the Screen Settings menu, you can select Portrait Mode (default) or right or left handed Landscape mode. Tap the mode of your choice, tap OK, and the screen will make the switch.

2) Map one of your buttons for this purpose.
    Obviously this is the less cumbersome way of doing it.

And I hope we see that "review" of yours soon
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard123
    I got it and love it. I would appreciate help on two questions:

1) I can't figure out how to go to/from landscape/portrait mode...can you help me?

2) As noted in other posts, the little documentation that comes with the device is minimal...is there a good set of documentation on the web somewhere?

Thanks!
    I don't have one yet (I am waiting for the 6600), but:

1) Start...Settings...System Tab...Screen. I think you can assign a button to make switching back and forth easier.

2) Search the CD that came with the device. There is a 170 page manual burried somewhere on it.

Also, a good source of information is the PPC6600/6601 forum at www.pdaphonehome.com.
    Jeff
    Man O man. I cant wait to see this device up close.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    maynard,
    hope you solved your problem with landscape mode. i have my device set to landscape/portrait with my record button. as far as manuals go, on the cd rom under the oem folder is where the manual is, i believe. it is huge! and should answer 99% of your questions.
    sledgie
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help....it worked, and I have mapped the landscape mode to the recored button too. Very cool.

I'm going to press my luck and ask 3 questions that I have been struggling with, just to see if anyone has any ideas.

I used GoodLink on the PPC-6601, and my questions are:

1) I can't find the switch to turn off the GoodLink signature on mail messages. It doesn't seem to be part of the GoodLink Preferences menu, and doesn't seem to be part of the pocket pc "Settings" menu. I can't get rid of the darn GoodLink advertisement. On the Treo 600, it is under the Palm preferences menu.

2) I can't figure out how to put a "bcc" on new mail messages?

3) In the "Today" screen, GoodLink only shows the next two meetings, and leaves a ton of empty space after that. Is there a way, like on the Treo, to have it use the available screen space to show all upcoming appointments on the Today screen?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard123
    Thanks for the help....it worked, and I have mapped the landscape mode to the recored button too. Very cool.

I'm going to press my luck and ask 3 questions that I have been struggling with, just to see if anyone has any ideas.

I used GoodLink on the PPC-6601, and my questions are:

1) I can't find the switch to turn off the GoodLink signature on mail messages. It doesn't seem to be part of the GoodLink Preferences menu, and doesn't seem to be part of the pocket pc "Settings" menu. I can't get rid of the darn GoodLink advertisement. On the Treo 600, it is under the Palm preferences menu.

2) I can't figure out how to put a "bcc" on new mail messages?

3) In the "Today" screen, GoodLink only shows the next two meetings, and leaves a ton of empty space after that. Is there a way, like on the Treo, to have it use the available screen space to show all upcoming appointments on the Today screen?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    There are a couple of today programs you can use. Pocket informant shows all the appointments and tasks at the same time. There are a few others, too.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks!