Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I was wondering does anyone know which processor is faster?
    Palm 312? or PPC 400?

    I want to have the fastest processor possible for game emulation.
    Can the 650 handle SNES emulation like the 660x?
  2. #2  
    Processor speed should be irrelevant to you, unless you are a developer planning to create/port an emulator for yourself.

    That's because of the major consoles, Palm only supports NES, Game Boy and Game Gear. There is a Genesis emu, but I don't think its well suppported, and there definitely isn't a Treo version yet. There is also a supposed GBA emu, from the company Crimson Fire, but it hasn't been released yet. Judging from the boards on their website, they will not be doing so anytime soon. My guess is that they caved to legal pressure from Nintendo.

    On the other hand PPC has several establishd emu's. All major consoles are supported, including: Nes, GBC, GBA, Snes, Game Gear, Genesis, and EVEN PSX!

    There is no comparison. If you are a developer, that probably doesn't help, except that it could be argued that the PPC is a better platform since it has widespread support compared to the Palm.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ardint
    Processor speed should be irrelevant to you, unless you are a developer planning to create/port an emulator for yourself.

    That's because of the major consoles, Palm only supports NES, Game Boy and Game Gear. There is a Genesis emu, but I don't think its well suppported, and there definitely isn't a Treo version yet. There is also a supposed GBA emu, from the company Crimson Fire, but it hasn't been released yet. Judging from the boards on their website, they will not be doing so anytime soon. My guess is that they caved to legal pressure from Nintendo.

    On the other hand PPC has several establishd emu's. All major consoles are supported, including: Nes, GBC, GBA, Snes, Game Gear, Genesis, and EVEN PSX!

    There is no comparison. If you are a developer, that probably doesn't help, except that it could be argued that the PPC is a better platform since it has widespread support compared to the Palm.
    I see..
    How bout LJZ I heard thats a snes emulator for palm.
    I like the 5 way direction of the 650 for gaming. But the ppc seems to be the better OS for multimedia. I hope the ppc6600 comes out soon.
    I been fiending for a 2 months now for that device.
    Any new updates on it? Still late december?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haduken
    I was wondering does anyone know which processor is faster?
    Palm 312? or PPC 400?

    I want to have the fastest processor possible for game emulation.
    Can the 650 handle SNES emulation like the 660x?

    There is no SNES emulator for POS. Treo 650 barely run NES let alone SNES.
  5. #5  
    Man , I have to admit , I used Pocket PC

    I managed to play Playstation 1 games , yes , there is even a PS Emulator for Pocket PC (what ?) and of course it comes with all the classic games like Links 2004 for Pocket PC , Age of Empires (you can sync games with your PC) , SimCity 2000 , my god

    Just take a look at it

    Of course , because of the louzy OS And not compatible with mac...too...and PalmOS is much more easier to navigate around

    Its up to you , if you want to emulate stuff , like GBA , PPC is the way to go , or you might wait , because developers are trying to get GBA running on Palmtops...just wait..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by prasys
    Man , I have to admit , I used Pocket PC

    I managed to play Playstation 1 games , yes , there is even a PS Emulator for Pocket PC (what ?) and of course it comes with all the classic games like Links 2004 for Pocket PC , Age of Empires (you can sync games with your PC) , SimCity 2000 , my god

    Just take a look at it

    Of course , because of the louzy OS And not compatible with mac...too...and PalmOS is much more easier to navigate around

    Its up to you , if you want to emulate stuff , like GBA , PPC is the way to go , or you might wait , because developers are trying to get GBA running on Palmtops...just wait..
    Wow really? Playstation emulator on ppc? I wonder if it runs ok with the ppc660x. I am highly leaning towards the ppc now. It seems to be the superior OS right now.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haduken
    Wow really? Playstation emulator on ppc? I wonder if it runs ok with the ppc660x. I am highly leaning towards the ppc now. It seems to be the superior OS right now.
    yeah there is FPSE, but you would need a gigantic SD card and stripping all movie cut. (several hundred MBs)

    FPSE is one of the last system emulator ported to PPC. Amiga is the last one.
    People are trying to make GBA and FPSE running full speed with next OS version.

    Here is a pretty updated list.
    http://www.pdarcade.com/modules.php?...972e6f4a0a488f

Posting Permissions