1.    #1  
    Those of use who used this on the Treo 600 could access our desk top files through BC. Has anyone found a way to do this on the PPC using BC?

I seem to be able to access on files local to the PPC with BC and Outlook.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Last edited by rduckwor; 12/01/2004 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Updated
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    bob,
    i believe you can access your desktop and control or edit files via Terminal Servies client under programs. i will search the manual for it as i remember reading about it but i use vnc instead.
    sledgie
  3.    #3  
    Sledgie:

What VNCsetup do you use?

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Last edited by rduckwor; 11/29/2004 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    Those of use who used this on the Treo 600 could access our desk top files through BC. Has anyone found a way to do this on the PPC using BC?

I seem to be able to access on files local to the PPC with BC and Outlook.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    VPN into my laptop is lot more challenging since it is part of my work's domain.

So I always used BC file access as well......but I ran across this question myself this weekend as I could not find a way to do it. I am going to call Sprint and ask when I get a chance today and will let you know if I find anything out.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Hobbes. I would call, but I'm headed to the A/P right now. The manual and the BC web page both mention this capability and I can't find a way to access the files either. Strange that this would not work on the PPC since it is, in many ways, more capable than the T600.

Bob Duckworth
  6.    #6  
    ANy news? I got an email from SPCS re: the "new" client for BC. But, I suspect that it is the one I D/L for the T600.

Bob DUckworth
  7.    #7  
    SEE NEXT MESSAGE. IT WORKS!!!

Well, I had a moment of weakness and downtime and called the CS people. After finally getting to "data" I was put on hold while the guy talked to his supervisor. Solution: "Go to bcp.sprintpcs.com (actually "bc.sprintpcs.com" - don't know where he got the "P") and you will find an icon to be put on your phone." WTF??!! An icon? Well, I tried it out of boredom and frustration and I'll be damned if I can find anything there that looks promising. My suspicion is that the client for the 6601 does not yet support this function and we will have to wait for an update in the future. SPCS is clueless, but we're used to that - right??

If you have light to shed, shine it my way please.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Last edited by rduckwor; 12/01/2004 at 03:47 PM.
  8.    #8  
    O.K. Here's one answer. CS didn't bother to tell me to go to the web page ON THE PPC. URL is http://bc.sprintpcs.com.

1. BC running on your desktop.

2. Press the SPCS button on the keyboard on the PPC.

3. On the web page this opens, choose either Messaging or Business Tools.

4. Choose Business Connection, then choose Personal if that's what you are signed up for with SPCS.

5. Log in and check "Remember Me"

6. Choose documents Bookmark this page as a web favorite and you should be able to access it directly without having to log in every time. Haven't made certain, but it should work. <Edit> It does work.

Its web based, but at least it seems to be optimized for handheld devices. It's pretty fast and does offer links to add files to emails, or download to the PPC memory.

It seems that you must first download the file to add it as an email attachment, but I'm not yet certain. I'll poke at it some more.

Bob Duckworth
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    SEE NEXT MESSAGE. IT WORKS!!!

Well, I had a moment of weakness and downtime and called the CS people. After finally getting to "data" I was put on hold while the guy talked to his supervisor. Solution: "Go to bcp.sprintpcs.com (actually "bc.sprintpcs.com" - don't know where he got the "P") and you will find an icon to be put on your phone." WTF??!! An icon? Well, I tried it out of boredom and frustration and I'll be damned if I can find anything there that looks promising. My suspicion is that the client for the 6601 does not yet support this function and we will have to wait for an update in the future. SPCS is clueless, but we're used to that - right??

If you have light to shed, shine it my way please.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Sorry Bob, I haven't forgotten about this....it is just such a busy time of year at work.....I will give them a call when I have enough time to battle through the those with little knowledge at CS.