1.    #1  
    Anyone think the Samsung i550 coming out 1Q05 is looking better and better, based on all the complaints about the ongoing dropped calls, slim memory, and buzzing calls plaguing the Treo line?

Looks like it's a lot different (misses BlueTooth and keyboard), but at least Samsung is known for making half-way decent phones. I'm not sure I think of PalmOne as primarily a quality "phone" manufacturer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc20
    Anyone think the Samsung i550 coming out 1Q05 is looking better and better, based on all the complaints about the ongoing dropped calls, slim memory, and buzzing calls plaguing the Treo line?
    I dont at all.

I think it looks like vaporware.
    I got my treo 650 today and have been tinkering with the phone for the past 7 hours. If you have the 600 then you will love the 650. The screen is incredible and all the improvements are great. I got the free Jabra BT250 and that works well. ...although with limited distance. The camera is great and the keyboard is much better than on the 600. Not sure how they improved the keyboard, but it is much easier to type on and the tactile feedback helps in typing. Yes, the phone has memory problems but palmone is addressing those problems. . . ..I haven't ran into any of those memory problems yet. Browsing the web on the phone is greatly improved thanks to the screen and the latest version of blazer. If you like to take MS Office docs with you, Docs to Go works very well. I manage a group of developers and I tried taking notes each developer meeting on my 600 with Docs to Go. Actually looks like I will be able to do this much better on the 650 with the keyboard and 320x320 screen. If you don't mind the size of the 650 I still think it is the smartphone to beat. Just my opinion though.
  4.    #4  
    The main thing I like when I read the reviews of the i500 is that the phone portion works well.

I haven't heard the phone "half" of the Treo line works well. My company has a bunch of Treo 600s with LOTS of phone problems, many hardware related. One of our execs has had his phone replaced 3 times, as has my boss. It could be our AT&T and Cingular services, but I doubt it based on the number of complaints for both services I have heard personally and the reviews I have read online for the Treo 600 and 650.

Why can't there be a smartphone with lots of features, bluetooth, ease of use (PALM!), with a phone that doesn't suck?
    The main thing I like when I read the reviews of the i500 is that the phone portion works well.

I haven't heard the phone "half" of the Treo line works well. My company has a bunch of Treo 600s with LOTS of phone problems, many hardware related. One of our execs has had his phone replaced 3 times, as has my boss. It could be our AT&T and Cingular services, but I doubt it based on the number of complaints for both services I have heard personally and the reviews I have read online for the Treo 600 and 650.

Why can't there be a smartphone with lots of features, bluetooth, ease of use (PALM!), with a phone that doesn't suck?
    Keep in mind that there is a new manufacturer for the 650 - HTC. They have had a good track record with quality in my opinion and as such I would expect the 650 to have fewer manufacturing defects. HTC manufactures iPaqs and the new Dell x50 line, just to name two.
  6.    #6  
    Those features are wait. I can't wait to get my 650. I will give it a shot, at least.

Please let us know how the phone itself works. Do people that call you complain about feedback or buzzing? Do you drop lots of calls? If so, have you had trouble with Sprint on your last phone in the same locations? What city are you in?

Thanks!
    Aaron
  7.    #7  
    Those features are sweet, I mean. Haha. Silly me. Too much time on treocentral today!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JES7
    Keep in mind that there is a new manufacturer for the 650 - HTC. They have had a good track record with quality in my opinion and as such I would expect the 650 to have fewer manufacturing defects. HTC manufactures iPaqs and the new Dell x50 line, just to name two.
    My fingers are crossed!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JES7
    So HTC is also not known for their phone engineering and production? A PDA maker, like Palm.

Hehe.
    So HTC is also not known for their phone engineering and production? A PDA maker, like Palm.

Hehe.
    Actually, I just did a quick Google and found the following. Looks like they have some phone experience and I'm sure with a longer search we could uncover more.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/manufacturer.php?m=25

Hehe.

HTC makes some of the best Windows smartphones. Palm made a good decision switching to them. The only question is did Palm specify that HTC use cheap parts and build to too low a price point?
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    The latest assessment from the i550 rumor mill is, Sprint has dropped the i550.
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=37860

I suppose Verizon might now take a look at this phone, but I doubt it.
    i550=good design, will it come out, maybe the same time as the other three samsung flip palm phones were promised
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.