1.    #1  
    Wow!

Ecost.com has the Socket WiFi SD Card on for $69.00 (open box special...):

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=647376

Plus, the socket web site has a $20-off rebate coupon...

http://www.socketcom.com/pdf/rebate31105-OSOC00009.pdf

So, that's a WiFi SD Card for just $49.00! I'm in!

- Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1000
    Wow!

Ecost.com has the Socket WiFi SD Card on for $69.00 (open box special...):

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=647376

Plus, the socket web site has a $20-off rebate coupon...

http://www.socketcom.com/pdf/rebate31105-OSOC00009.pdf

So, that's a WiFi SD Card for just $49.00! I'm in!

- Ben

Thanks ben, I feel sorry for the 650's with no chance of wifi ever.
  3.    #3  
    Dude! Now that's just cruel! :-)

B.
    Nguyen, when can we expect your "3 weeks with the PPC" review?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Nguyen, when can we expect your "3 weeks with the PPC" review?

I posted a 1 week review already. I think treocentral has hidden it as usual.
    But as of 3 weeks, I love the OS of the 6601. I became very familiar with it so far and loaded up many programs.
    The phone app definitly is not better than the 600 or 650's.
    But I learned to deal with it and I have no problem with it. Either you use voice command, or just press the screen with your fingers to dial.
    Overall, I am very glad I purchased the phone over the 650.
    I was actually thinking about returning it and waiting till the 6600 with the camera arrived. But I do not think Im gonna do that. I mean the camera doesnt even swival and theres no mirror.to see yourself. Also the flash will probably drain the limited battery as it is. No big miss for me.

Oh oh, internet exploring is no joke. It browses fast, and I do mean very very fast.

There is one complaint I have though. Its very hard to find a good case.
    I want one thats form fitting and 100% still usable.
    I tried the old Siemens sx56 a couple years ago and the phone app on that wasn't good either... Surprised they haven't improved it at all..

However, if the voice recognition app is as good as everyone says, the phone app is almost unnecessary eh?

I'm waiting for a camera one before I try it -- all that cool stuff packed in there, may as well wait for the whole shebang.. If it's better than the 600's camera I'd be happy - i'm sure the flash is pathetic though..

A few weeks and I'm sure there will be an s-load of cool cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    But I do not think Im gonna do that. I mean the camera doesnt even swival and theres no mirror.to see yourself. Also the flash will probably drain the limited battery as it is. No big miss for me.
    You can get one of those discounted SD camera. (yes, it's an absolutely useless toy, but the option is there.)

If you ask me, low end integrated digital camera is useless. The picture is too blurry has too much color noise. It'll take another year or so until new generation of camera show up. The high end japanese phones already have very nice digicam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    I tried the old Siemens sx56 a couple years ago and the phone app on that wasn't good either... Surprised they haven't improved it at all..

However, if the voice recognition app is as good as everyone says, the phone app is almost unnecessary eh?

I'm waiting for a camera one before I try it -- all that cool stuff packed in there, may as well wait for the whole shebang.. If it's better than the 600's camera I'd be happy - i'm sure the flash is pathetic though..

A few weeks and I'm sure there will be an s-load of cool cases.

Im sure when you get the 6600 you will be one satisfied man.
    The voice recognition software is totally awesome. I mean so needing for individual recordings for contacts. It just knows and reads the contacts.
    I do wish I could get a hold of one of those sweet black pda2k's for a good price. It looks sooooooo much better in black.
    I haven't tried voice recognition on the 660x, but the Treo 650 comes with a very nice software that performs the same function (speaker-independent). You get a 14 day trial for name dialing but registration costs $19.99. Number dialing doesn't need registration. My only complaint is that I wish they included for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    Thanks ben, I feel sorry for the 650's with no chance of wifi ever.
    Don't be. I like my battery life and much better form factor. If you accept to have a larger, heavier device with worse battery life as the price for WiFi ability, then the 6601 is for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Don't be. I like my battery life and much better form factor. If you accept to have a larger, heavier device with worse battery life as the price for WiFi ability, then the 6601 is for you.
    Silverado....Have you even seen one? Have you had one? If you did, did you even use it for more than a week to get a honest opinion of it? As you are way over exagerating the lack of battery life of the 6601. I have had mine now for 3 weeks....including on intensive road trips, so I do feel qualified to know.

Even with playing high graphic and processor intensive games (like Tomb Raider and Warfare Incorporated), having my email check email every 15 minutes with vision, having Pocket Express update every 2 hours with vision, receiving many calls, looking up and making several calls, running voice command for every call, and browsing the net with vision.....I can make it through a business day....though at the end certainly need a charge to continue through the evening. But this is no different than my Treo 600.

After using the Treo 600 for 10 months under the similiar daily use, I find that I need to charge both at about the same time. My Treo 600's battery ran dry so fast on trips that I was forced to get the external addon battery. I also plan on getting a spare battery for the 660x to get me through real intensive use times.

The cool thing about the 660x is how stinking fast it charges back up!!!! Just a quick with the car charger on lunch break is all the extra boost I often need to get through the night.

I had to charge my treo every night or I was dead, and I get the same performance from by 660x with a faster recharge than my 600.

The difference is I have the opportunity to use BT for ANY device I want to instead of being crippled....I CAN use Wifi to browse a true broadband speed (and believe it is pretty cool to download webpages faster than the unit can process and display it)....and have 128 mb of memory for all the programs, attachments, cache, etc. I need. Plus the 1 GB card is great for anything else.

Yes the 600 has a form factor that is technically smaller, but at a price for other features (i.e. harder to read spreadsheets, does not have the real estate to display webpages as well, cannot do landscape, etc..) As for the size and easy of use please read my response and comparison to the 600 here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62661
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I haven't tried voice recognition on the 660x, but the Treo 650 comes with a very nice software that performs the same function (speaker-independent). You get a 14 day trial for name dialing but registration costs $19.99. Number dialing doesn't need registration. My only complaint is that I wish they included for free.
    Ya, I have heard a lot about the availability of it, but haven't seen much from someone who has used it on the Treo 650 yet. The MS Voice Command is nearly flawless with both dialing and launching programs with Zero training. Does it really work as advertised or as well compared to the MS Voice Command?

I hope so, because if the 700 learns the hard earned lessons from the 650 and the competition I maybe using it in a year or so.