Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Since I have been searching for news or info. on the PPC I was wondering how others feel about what is available out there on the PPC. It bugs me to know end that the PPC has so many different names. Audiovox, PPC, XDA, HTC and SX66; its crazy! I think it hurts the productís image.
    Maybe I am spoiled by T C, the Treo650 page on Howard Forum has nowhere near the activity and quality of TC. I also find thatHoFo forums are a bit stuffy, by that I mean that they donít really help the newbies like TC does. In any case I find HoFo to be a slow website, with even slower posting activities.

Thumbs up for Treocentral!!!!
    i'm not a member of hofo, but i do visit form time to time for carrier news and stuff on other phones.

I too find it to be slow.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Back in the day TC was at times very slow. After moving from a predominantly Visor site to a Treo one we experienced a tremendous growth in traffic. after some big time equipment upgrades and some programming rationalization we became the lean mean posting machine we are today! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Since I have been searching for news or info. on the PPC I was wondering how others feel about what is available out there on the PPC. It bugs me to know end that the PPC has so many different names. Audiovox, PPC, XDA, HTC and SX66; its crazy! I think it hurts the productís image.
    It's branding. Since PPCphone has different business model (Microsoft doesn't sell the hardware) that means carrier can order any hardware modification of their liking.

for eg. the PDA2K looks exactly like the old O2, except it has PDA2K innard.

but all in all, all PPC are the same. Just wait until next year, there will be even more variations and models.

Maybe I am spoiled by T C, the Treo650 page on Howard Forum has nowhere near the activity and quality of TC. I also find thatHoFo forums are a bit stuffy, by that I mean that they donít really help the newbies like TC does. In any case I find HoFo to be a slow website, with even slower posting activities.
    well, XDA owner are a bit more hardcore than treo owner. Most XDA owners come from PPC so basic questions don't get asked too often.

If you have basic question about PPC, PPCT or pdaphonehome maybe the best place to start, if not PPCSG. That's where first time PPC user go.

If you really have hardcore technical question. (and I do mean technical) then go to XDA developer site.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711

Thumbs up for Treocentral!!!!
    I fully agree. Here are some of the other forums that I breeze through for 660x support.....

PDA Phone Home: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forum...hp?forumid=168

Pocket PC Thoughts: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...8b00c2154b24a1

HOFO: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...s=&forumid=181

Windows Mobile: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...ewsgroups.mspx

Sprint's Forum: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

But believe it or not, I have the best luck and most active threads for the PPC-660x at TreoCentral!!!!!! Go figure, I guess it goes show the diverse community it has grown into.
    Hobbes....

Thanks for your input on the 6601... I have used mine for the last 10 days and have come to many of the same conclusions you have... I loved the treo... but can't leave the multitasking... landscape webpage viewing... multimedia... voicecommand.... REAL msn messaging.... that the PPC 6601 provides. I am currently encoding a video on my computer with windows media encoder and I know it will look great on the PPC in landscape... whereas it would be tiny on the t650 or t600..

ANYHOW...

I am going to miss the TreoCentral Atmosphere and want to know if there is anything similar for the 6601.... I don't really want to hear about a bunch of other products..... just the 660x...... and exchange ideas of how to make our toys work better....

Hobbes... perhaps this is the best place??? maybe treocentral will become the ALL IN ONE DEVICE CENTRAL soon.....especially if more people bail on the t650......
    Quote Originally Posted by gomarpyle
    Hobbes....

Thanks for your input on the 6601... I have used mine for the last 10 days and have come to many of the same conclusions you have... I loved the treo... but can't leave the multitasking... landscape webpage viewing... multimedia... voicecommand.... REAL msn messaging.... that the PPC 6601 provides. I am currently encoding a video on my computer with windows media encoder and I know it will look great on the PPC in landscape... whereas it would be tiny on the t650 or t600..

ANYHOW...

I am going to miss the TreoCentral Atmosphere and want to know if there is anything similar for the 6601.... I don't really want to hear about a bunch of other products..... just the 660x...... and exchange ideas of how to make our toys work better....

Hobbes... perhaps this is the best place??? maybe treocentral will become the ALL IN ONE DEVICE CENTRAL soon.....especially if more people bail on the t650......
    You may be onto something.....I keep on going over to the above forums as they often times have great info, but probably to the dismay and frustration of all the 650 diehards, I keep on coming back here more often than not......I guess even though I have a 6601 in my hand, in my heart I secrectly wish it was a Treo that was giving me so much joy!
    look at pocketpcthoughts.com
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une ťmission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gomarpyle
    Hobbes....
    ANYHOW...

There is not reason to leave, You may come back to the Treo world in a couple of years, So why waste you thread count on some other board.
    I like the form factor of the treo.... and would consider coming back... but especially if it runs with Pocket PC OS...