Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
  1.    #121  
    I frequent PDAphoneHome.com forums most of the time. They are a forum specifically for the 660x. It is very active, friendly, and helpful. Believe it our not, there is also a lot of support from former treo users who switched over that hang around that can answer a lot of questions in this forum.

Here is a comprehensive list Software sites and titles I posted here:

Software For PPC
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67279

I hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherv
    I also wanted to take this post to ask which PPC forums and software sites do you guys frequent. I'd like to do some more research and hear more opinions...some trivial questions (how to install programs) and some not-so-trivial questions (whether you can run programs directly off of a memory card) remain.
    Thanks again!

Software is installed via ActiveSync. Double click on you new app, and a activesync installer window will ask if you want to do this? almost like Hotsync just a bit cleaner.

“Yes” you can run apps from the SD Memory Card -- Although the MS applications are about $10.00 more than Palm apps on average.
    Applications are more developed not much but more
    Application run faster and the biggie multitasking this is the best feature of all.
    If you are using the Palm Mcphling application you can get a taste of what this is like.
    http://MikeMcCollister.com/palm/

hope that helps.
    Well Hobbes, thanks to you I'm the proud new owner of a 6600. All I can say is WOW - those of you "on the fence"; I've got two words for you - Usable Browser

Quick question for you or any of the other 6600-6601 users out there - I was one of the early adopters of the Compaq iPaq, and the one thing that really bugged me was all the dust that got trapped under the screen because I carried it in my pocket.

Has anybody had this problem with the 6600-6601? How do most of you stow the device in your day to day use? I really loved the fact that I didn't don a "utility belt" to carry my 600, being able to just place it in my pocket with a good screen protector in place.

Many thanks for your unbiased and humble reviews Hobbes.
    Sprint PPC-6600 w/GoodLink
    Treo 600 w/GoodLink
    Sidekick1
    Quote Originally Posted by reb00t
    Has anybody had this problem with the 6600-6601? How do most of you stow the device in your day to day use? I really loved the fact that I didn't don a "utility belt" to carry my 600, being able to just place it in my pocket with a good screen protector in place.

Many thanks for your unbiased and humble reviews Hobbes.
    I have been keeping it in my pocket of my dress pants. It seems to be doing ok. I haven't really found a case that I like.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Hobbes: question on the bt mouse. Will any bt mouse work or the stowaway the only one that the ppc has drivers for?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Requires special drivers t2, so think outside is th only solution right now. You'll be amazed the first time you see a mouse cursor moving across your PPC screen!
  7.    #128  
    And use the latest one from the website and NOT from the CD. It is pretty nice to have....especially it is in the craddle and you have the BT mouse and Keyboard....it is just amazing to use.
    Ok. I saw a bt mouse (and usb dongle) at best buy made by Targus for 59.99 (but it didnt say stowaway.)

Im assuming that wasnt the one right?

9.    #130  
    Correct....that was NOT right!!!

Here is the keyboard link: http://www.thinkoutside.com/products...t_product.html

Here is the Mouse link: http://www.thinkoutside.com/products...e_product.html

Don't go buy these prices.....I bought them both when they fairly new on the market for a lot less. KB was just under $100 (had to buy it twice because the first one was stolen ) and paid around $55 for the mouse.
    Ok, here is a software question. All of a sudden all my programs do not show up? I can see them if I go to System-->Add/Remove Programs. But if I drop down the windows start menu, they are gone. If I try to launch one with a hard button, it says the shortcut is bad. What did I do? :-)

11.    #132  
    I don't know....just one obvious question:

Is your SD card in there and seated in there tight? I pull it out and put it back in and then reboot. I had something similiar happen to me when I forgot I had my SD in the card reader and not in the phone.
    I thought it was in there. I need a good backup program. How do you keep track of all the hacks that use? Do you write them down somewhere?

13.    #134  
    Yup....TC!
    I am going to have to write them down in a note and save it on my SD card.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567