1. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

As a loyal treocentral member I wanted to get some opinions from the group before making a decision. After reading all the hype here and elsewhere about the PDA2k I started checking out Pocket PCs. Anyhow, with the holidays fast approaching I decided to ask Santa for a Pocket PC. I really like the Dell x50v and the HP hx4705. Both have similar specs - 624 MHz processors, VGA screens, wifi, bluetooth, sdio card slot, cf card slot, etc etc. About the only thing they don't have is cameras and cell phone radios (which I don't need since I have my Treo 600). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by cec
    Hey guys,

As a loyal treocentral member I wanted to get some opinions from the group before making a decision. After reading all the hype here and elsewhere about the PDA2k I started checking out Pocket PCs. Anyhow, with the holidays fast approaching I decided to ask Santa for a Pocket PC. I really like the Dell x50v and the HP hx4705. Both have similar specs - 624 MHz processors, VGA screens, wifi, bluetooth, sdio card slot, cf card slot, etc etc. About the only thing they don't have is cameras and cell phone radios (which I don't need since I have my Treo 600). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I've read about and seen these devices though I haven't used either. I'd suggest the extra $150 and size for the HP are worth it if you value the magnesium alloy body, the superior and bigger screen, the bigger battery, and especially the unique touchpad control. Otherwise, I'd go for the price, compactness and more standard controls of the Dell. I have the hp 2215 and really like HP quality. I'm not sure about the touchpad control of the 4705, but it is the fanciest PDA out there.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.