1.    #1  
    I'm trying to help a friend using ATT (Cingular?) GSM, but since I am a Sprint t600 (CDMA) user, I don't know much about SIM cards.

He wants to get the unlocked i-mate PDA 2K from Expansys, but we need to verify that it will work on ATT-Cingular. Cingular won't commit, and Expansys says it will. I just want to verify that installing the SIM from his current phone is all that is necessary lest we make an expensive mistake.

Help please.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have the PDA2K and have been using it now for about 3 weeks. I am on Cingular but live in Arizona, which means I operate off of the AT&T network. It works great. No problems.

DK
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    it is likely cingular won't commit/comment on if the imate pda2k will work because THEIR version of the pda2k, dubbed the Siemens SX-66, will be coming out early december, which would drive off sales if the pda2k is picked up instead of sx66. it is black, however, and looks pretty slick
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    it is likely cingular won't commit/comment on if the imate pda2k will work because THEIR version of the pda2k, dubbed the Siemens SX-66, will be coming out early december, which would drive off sales if the pda2k is picked up instead of sx66. it is black, however, and looks pretty slick
    It has pretty much been confirmed that the Cingular SX66 will NOT be black and will NOT have a camera. Only the UK Orange version will be black. Check out this thread at HoFo: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1. It's long, but it has a lot of good information. I think the part about the color and the camera are on pages 9 and 10.
    Jeff
    I think the Cingular version will not have WiFi, you'll need to add a card...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stokar
    I think the Cingular version will not have WiFi, you'll need to add a card...
    No. The Cingular version will have WiFi.
    Jeff
    not sure if it's too late, but yes, the PDA2K will work with cingular. Have one and using it now.