Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58
  1.    #1  
    I cant wait till the 650 comes out so I can compare it to the 6601.
    I just came back from my local sprint store and picked up my PPC-6601
    They just got it in today's shipment. It feels very solid and the screen is awesome but I'm not very familar with the Microsoft platform. When the 650 comes out, I will have to make up my mind definitly.
    Has anyone heard any updated news on the treo 650 yet? Is the release date still nov 14-15?
  2. #2  
    In what city did you purchase it?
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    I cant wait till the 650 comes out so I can compare it to the 6601.
    I just came back from my local sprint store and picked up my PPC-6601
    They just got it in today's shipment. It feels very solid and the screen is awesome but I'm not very familar with the Microsoft platform. When the 650 comes out, I will have to make up my mind definitly.
    Has anyone heard any updated news on the treo 650 yet? Is the release date still nov 14-15?

    Nguyen,

    I would like to hear your thoughts on the 6601 once you have had some time to play with it, and certianlly once you have a 650 to compare it with. Thanks
  4. #4  
    Nguyen,

    Very interested in hearing your initial comments about the 6601. Please tell us about the speed, the BT, and did you buy a wi-fi card to use? If not, can you please try to see if a wi-fi card will work in the 6601? It think that is a very critical question that many are waiting to hear about.

    Thank you...have fun playing.
  5. #5  
    What's the point of getting it on Sprint? No wi-fi and no ev-do.
  6. #6  
    I think you can put a wi-fi card in the 6601 from Sprint. Anyone can confirm this, please?
  7. #7  
    until we see consumer posts of the performance of ev-do, i just don't see it being that much better then sprints. sprints has been faster then all the other telecoms already. now, at&t has nationwide ev-do (only one nationwide) & all of a sudden everyone's supposed to jump the sprint ship. i don't think so. maybe new phone users, but the benefits of unlimited internet on sprintpcs is awesome & until they can offer the same package & prove that the network is faster, it wouldn't make sense to switch.
  8.    #8  
    I currently have not have a chance to play with yet.
    I will give full detail after I play with it tonite once I'm off work.
    So far it looks superb.

    Ill keep ya posted.


    Im from virginia beach, VA, when I went to the store they did not even have it on display yet. They said it just arrived.
  9. #9  
    Called my local store (west palm beach, fl) he said they are telesales only, and only for new accounts, and that the 650 and 6601 will not be available "for awhile" in the stores. Whatever.
  10. #10  
    I can confirm the 6601 can use a wi-fi SD card. I beta tested one way back in july. I used a San Disk wi-fi card.
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464
    I currently have not have a chance to play with yet.
    I will give full detail after I play with it tonite once I'm off work.
    So far it looks superb.

    Ill keep ya posted.


    Im from virginia beach, VA, when I went to the store they did not even have it on display yet. They said it just arrived.
    We are sitting on the edges of our seats, Nguyen. Thanks for your help. Do you have a wi-fi card to test?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by starrwulfe
    I can confirm the 6601 can use a wi-fi SD card. I beta tested one way back in july. I used a San Disk wi-fi card.
    Hey starrwulfe, That is the best news I have heard all day.

    What are your thoughts from your beta test?
  13. #13  
    Why didn't you get a gsm phone with wi-fi built in?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    Why didn't you get a gsm phone with wi-fi built in?
    I don't think there are any of those available yet.
  15. #15  
    EV-DO is built into the hardware on these devices. A software patch will enable it in the future. The hardware is ready to go.

    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    I don't think there are any of those available yet.
    Yeah there is... had mine for a few weeks.
    Ever wonder if those FreeIPOD / FreeMiniMac scam sites work? Well, I found out Have a look at the results:
    <a href="http://free.outz.com">http://free.outz.com</a>
    --
    What was your username again? -BOFH

    <a href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=6920&amp;t=81"><img border="0" alt="Get Firefox!" title="Get Firefox!" src="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/community/images/affiliates/Buttons/80x15/blue_1.gif"/></a>
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by outz
    Yeah there is... had mine for a few weeks.
    Please tell us about it, Outz. What carrier do you use? Have you used the wifi? What is your general impression of the phone, can you compare it to the Treo at all?

    Thanks for your input.
  18. #18  
    Unlocked GSM device are out there, but they are demanding a very dear price - $800-900 bucks. Appears that a lot of the one on E$ay are T-Mobile devices from Europe.

    Bob Duckworth
  19. #19  
    I use T-mobile... purchased it from cellularconcepts.com I love the phone. I just sold my treo 600 on ebay last week. the memory is great! not only do you get 128mb but you get an additional 64mb internally that acts as a 'storage card' (ie: doesnt get erased when you do a hard reset) wifi is wonderful as well... i especially love the fact I can sync my phone over wifi... no more cradle! it's just a beautiful piece of hardware.
    Ever wonder if those FreeIPOD / FreeMiniMac scam sites work? Well, I found out Have a look at the results:
    <a href="http://free.outz.com">http://free.outz.com</a>
    --
    What was your username again? -BOFH

    <a href="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&amp;id=6920&amp;t=81"><img border="0" alt="Get Firefox!" title="Get Firefox!" src="http://www.spreadfirefox.com/community/images/affiliates/Buttons/80x15/blue_1.gif"/></a>
  20. #20  
    I too have one of these in the gsm version. I am posting from it on Wifi right now. Its a wonderful device.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions