1.    #1  
    Well, i had to finally turn my treo for its first problem, the dreaded network search problem, they ran some tests, and while they were running, i started chatting with the supervisor lady doing the diagnostics... i mentioned i hated turning in my HANDSPRING unit for a PALMONE unit, and she laiughed and agreed. then i mentioned to her that hey, it would at least be easier to sell, because of it being new and then i mention i was gonna purchase the ppc-6600 or 6601. she got this look for pure exctasy when i mentioned that phone. she started mentioning specs and such. and how she loved the treo 650 but it couldnt touch the PDA2k.

HERE THE NEWS: She mentioned that she receieved an internal memo, that the ppc-6601 cameraless phone will be delayed and possibly fazed out all together in the next week, and they will only carry the ppc-6600 instead. she said the decision would be made sometime next week.

when i go in tommorrow to get my new phone, i will ask about possible release dates, she knew her sh*t when it came to both phones, esp when it came to minute details.

Just a FYI
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    So when will it be in the stores
  3.    #3  
    i will try to find out tommorrow when i go pick up my treo.
    UPDATE:

The PPC6601 will not be phased out. I have just ordered one through business sales. The phone was not in their system yet so they had to do a paper order. The representative said it would be shipped out tomorrow or monday.

The PPC6600 will be out later. I plan on trying out the PPC660X, then trying the treo and deciding which is better
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    The phone was not in their system yet so they had to do a paper order. The representative said it would be shipped out tomorrow or monday.
    just going by what they said...
    i think what you said here is relevant... why would they NOT have a phone they were suppose to start selling this week in their system. when i worked for sprint, the phones were in the system a couple weeks before their planned release, even if there were delays....

i might be the pessimist, but i wouldnt doubt that come monday or tuesday you will get a call stating that they couldnt fill your order. just speculating

I just called in and confirmed that the phone was shipped out. They even gave me a UPS tracking number and confirmed that the model was ppc6601. Hopefully I'll see it monday or tuesday
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    wolf,

what was your final price? shipping/handling/tax? thanks in advance,
    sledgie
    I paid $629.99
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    no tax or shipPing?
    nope... also... the PPC6601 seems to be linked on the Sprint business site.
  11.    #11  
    kudos then man! =) i rather have a non camera version anyways... so yours cost full price? have you not been with sprint for over 18 monthes?
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm
    kudos then man! =) i rather have a non camera version anyways... so yours cost full price? have you not been with sprint for over 18 monthes?
    Doesn't matter, can't use rebate with business sales because you do not get a reciept that the rebate dept will accept.

today I called a Sprint National Sales Manager back to follow up on our conversation yesterday, and verified that the 6600 is not yet available for customer distribution but only through business sales. But since Business Sales does not support the $150 rebate, he caught up with the Director of the Sprint stores and special ordered one for me through him so I could get the rebate. So, my 6600 should be in my hand Tuesday or Wednesday. He is even going to ship it to my hotel while I am on vacation next week.

I also just bought a 256 mb Wifi SD card, 1 GB Ultra II, and looking to buy Voice Command that should arrive at the same time.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 11/06/2004 at 12:37 AM.
    Any idea when it might be available in the retail channels? Other Carrier availability? Any rumors? The Treo 650 is sort of leaving me cold.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    hmmm that's interesting about the $150 rebate, because the woman who I just ordered from said the rebate WOULD come with the phone (i'm eligible for it) and I would have to send in a copy of the receipt and/or upc from box. she said it was a mail in rebate, so I had to pay full price now and get the rebate in 4-6 weeks.
    oh, as for the total price, mine came to around $680 with shipping and tax. there was also a $5 charge on it because it didn't "come with a line", meaning I guess, they didn't swap the esn # first and assign it a number.

ask if you are eligible for the $150 rebate. maybe some people get conflicting reports?
    I just ordered my Sprint PPC 6001....Oh My Gosh, my hands are still shaking!! But, I'm a REAL newbie and have a question (or 2)

I ordered the unlimited internet plan....I can get on the internet without WiFi, right?

Anyone know where you can get accessories for the phone, like a case, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    hmmm that's interesting about the $150 rebate, because the woman who I just ordered from said the rebate WOULD come with the phone (i'm eligible for it) and I would have to send in a copy of the receipt and/or upc from box. she said it was a mail in rebate, so I had to pay full price now and get the rebate in 4-6 weeks.
    oh, as for the total price, mine came to around $680 with shipping and tax. there was also a $5 charge on it because it didn't "come with a line", meaning I guess, they didn't swap the esn # first and assign it a number.

ask if you are eligible for the $150 rebate. maybe some people get conflicting reports?
    Apparently it has to do with the Business ordering process that does not give a receipt accepted by the rebate department. They apparently only accept retail (sprint store or telesales) reciepts. That's all I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    Any idea when it might be available in the retail channels? Other Carrier availability? Any rumors? The Treo 650 is sort of leaving me cold.

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth
    Treo 650 Nov 15th Only Sprint to start

6600 should be next week. Sprint and I don't know when Verizon
    Thanks Hobbes. I'm seriously thinking about migrating over to GSM carriers strictly for the feature set that they build into their phones. SPCS has been good but it appears that international travel is looming in my work and CDMA just doesn't work for that. 6600 would be a real treat it sounds like. T650 - well too bad P1. You had the chance to gt it right but failed again.

Thanks again,

Bob Duckworth