Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Remember all those price arguments? Many of you were WRONG!

Check this out... WiFi cards work too, Sprint states it in the description...

Last edited by ocean18; 11/01/2004 at 04:04 PM.
    No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    That is awesome! The Treo had better hurry now, or everyone will jump on this one, only because it is available. I thought I decided on a T650, but since I have no idea when it will be available, where, how much, etc, the 6601 is looking mighty tasty.
    er, no. thats the price that had been floating around here for quite a while now.

Price for me for both units still the same is still the same;

For 6601:
    $629 + $270 (add'll $15/mo from sprint x 18mo) + $30 voice program (needed) -$150 (sprint credit) = $779

For 650:
    $349 (roadshow price) + $50 SD card (needed) - $150 Sprint credit = $249
    Last edited by midmofan; 11/01/2004 at 04:29 PM.
    15x18=270 not 180
    and 629 +180+30=839 not 809
    Couldn't you get your sprint credit of $150 with the PDK2K? I thought it applied to any upgrade after 18 months.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    er, no. thats the price that had been floating around here for quite a while now.
    er, yes. There has been much argument in here about the price being $800 + just for the device. And not everyone gets the roadshow price, so your personal situation is different from most.

No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

- Bart Simpson
    And, yes, you do get the $150 for any phone, not just the T650.
    the extra $15 charge for vision is debatable... some reps do it... others don't. It is possible to have a PPC with the same vision plan as palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean18
    er, yes. There has been much argument in here about the price being $800 + just for the device. .
    Was announced a while back that the Sprint price would be $629. Thread on here somewhere linking to the Sprint Press relaease/announcement. Probably WILL be more expensive for the unlocked types elswhere.
    True about the $150 for the 6601 Should have also been taken off there as well(i've fixed that), . Still a big difference. The key is that I have confirmed with several sprint reps that the $150 will be credited for the 650 even if I buy the phone via the roadshow. That was not certain at one point.

And as been discussed below several times, the $15 surcharge for Microsoft OS phones is the Rule at Sprint and two random calls to two random CSRs found that both knew about the need for the business pack with Microsoft phones (thats where the $15 hits you). Plus even if a rep doesnt apply it, it could get caught at a later date. Soooo, in my analysis, I would budget for it. Others may just want to take the chance
    Last edited by midmofan; 11/01/2004 at 04:25 PM.
    So to the regular person (too far away from P1 roadshows), the pricing for the T650 and the 6601 will be exactly the same from Sprint, $629. That changes a lot for me. I guess I need to wait for a side by side, head to head comparison of both of them from an objective party. Hopefully, I won't have to wait long, I would love to jump on one or the other very soon.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    I guess I need to wait for a side by side, head to head comparison of both of them from an objective party. Hopefully, I won't have to wait long, I would love to jump on one or the other very soon.
    Here is a thorough comparison between the Treo 600 and the pda2k, written by a user of both. Since you know what the "upgrades" are in the 650, you should be able to determine for yourself what you want after reading it. (pictures included too)

- Bart Simpson
    If no roadshow and no new customer or 18mo Sprint Rebate, then it depends on if you need the voice on the 6601 (based on reviews I would) and an SD card for the 650 (ditto)

That makes the 6601 $659 ($629+30) and the 650 $649 ($599 + 50).

Then add the $15/mo (or not if you think you wont get charged it) for however long you think you will have the phone

Other factor is any special deals we dont know about yet. Reports have said the 650 would be $499 with a one-year contract (new purchasors presumably). No announcement that I have seen as to what the 2-year deal would be and nothing on 6601 pricing with a contract.
    Last edited by midmofan; 11/01/2004 at 04:34 PM.

Just called Sprint Telesales to order one. The girl couldn't find it on her computer, even after giving her the exact URL. Just as well because I really want the 6600 w/camera. Again, just as well because I couldn't get it even if I wanted it because she couldn't find it in her system.

BTW, I turned her onto Treocentral because when I asked about the Treo 650 she said she only knew "Mid Nov" but no exact date. Sounded like she was very happy to find out about Treocentral because she apparently gets alot of calls from people who want the 650. Now she'll have some info for them!

She also stated "early December" for the 650 according to her system.
    Last edited by speclcajun; 11/01/2004 at 04:37 PM.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Wait for the ppc6600 which is the one with the camera. It looks like the camera is about as good as the 650 in low light, but appears the 6600 will have a more grainy image than the 650. Oither way, having a simple camera can come in handy, there's been times with my 600 having a simple camera has been better than nothing.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Bassn you read and add too quick! caught me in mid edit(s) !!!!
    My god. How do you guys keep up with all these changes.

This puts PalmOne's Treo 650 in a different light.

It's like flip a coin time now.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Don't bet on the WiFi part! I'm sitting here looking at my Treo 600 box I got from Sprint last October. It says EXACTLY the same thing about WiFi and we all know how THAT turned out!
    ("Liar Liar Plants For Hire!", -Patrick from Spongbob Squarepants)
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    When I search the Sprint site for the 6601 link, nothing comes up under personal or business. I can only get to it by following the link provided above. How did someone find this web page for the 6601 at Sprint? Even the Sprint telesales can't find the page when directed to it. Is this a hoax? A private page? A preproduction page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Wait for the ppc6600 which is the one with the camera. It looks like the camera is about as good as the 650 in low light, but appears the 6600 will have a more grainy image than the 650. Oither way, having a simple camera can come in handy, there's been times with my 600 having a simple camera has been better than nothing.
    PPC 6600 has supposed availability of "Early December"
    Also supposedly has FLASH for camera! Take that PalmOne!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast