Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Bassn you read and add too quick! caught me in mid edit(s) !!!!
    Numbers is my business.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbright
    When I search the Sprint site for the 6601 link, nothing comes up under personal or business. I can only get to it by following the link provided above. How did someone find this web page for the 6601 at Sprint? Even the Sprint telesales can't find the page when directed to it. Is this a hoax? A private page? A preproduction page?
    And when I convert the webpage into a PDF with Acrobat Standard Ver 6.0 none of the pricing shows up!?!?
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    Don't bet on the WiFi part! I'm sitting here looking at my Treo 600 box I got from Sprint last October. It says EXACTLY the same thing about WiFi and we all know how THAT turned out!
    ("Liar Liar Plants For Hire!", -Patrick from Spongbob Squarepants)
    But we know that MS OS is much more accepting of a wi-fi SDIO card than the palm OS. You don't think that a wi-fi card would work in the 6601? Hmm, has anyone tested it yet?
    And when I convert the webpage into a PDF with Acrobat Standard Ver 6.0 none of the pricing shows up!?!?
    I think it is a hoax.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeast
    the extra $15 charge for vision is debatable... some reps do it... others don't. It is possible to have a PPC with the same vision plan as palm.
    Yes this can happen, but don't count on it. Chances are far more likely you'll be charged the correct amount, than have a rep. who makes that mistake. If you are lucky enough, you'll have to hold your breath every time you call in or make changes hoping that the original mistake won't be discovered and rectified. Most everyone out there with a PPC phone that I've talked to isn't getting Vision without the extra charge.

There are also some people out there that have a connection card on a voice plan (as a second line), but I wouldn't expect to get that deal either.
    But we know that MS OS is much more accepting of a wi-fi SDIO card than the palm OS. You don't think that a wi-fi card would work in the 6601? Hmm, has anyone tested it yet?
    I just know SOMEONE was lying last time around about the Treo 600. Sprint blamed Handspring/Palmone, Handspring/Palmone blamed Sprint. Bottom line is STILL NO WIFI for the 600 a year later!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
  7.    #27  
    I think it is a hoax.
    No hoax. I just got off the phone with Sprint Business sales and she told me it would be available either in late Nov. or early Dec. She said the web page must be "still under construction" and should not have been released to the public yet. So now that I brought it to her attention, watch it dissappear or something! Anyway, no hoax, real deal. She stated Wifi cards will work, but it sounded like she was reading off the page, so I didn't take that as an absolute answer...

No, my avatar is NOT a picture of me! If you don't recognize her then you are not nerdy enough to be in here.

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."
    - Bart Simpson
    When I search the Sprint site for the 6601 link, nothing comes up under personal or business. I can only get to it by following the link provided above. How did someone find this web page for the 6601 at Sprint? Even the Sprint telesales can't find the page when directed to it. Is this a hoax? A private page? A preproduction page?

If you go to the sprint product links on their pages and play around with the URLs, inserting different product codes or names, then you can fine the 'hidden page' for the ppc. the 600s page is the same URL but with "600" where "ppc6600" is in the URL.

I had been trying this for several days, but somebody else caught it before I did.

BTW "650" does not work yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    My god. How do you guys keep up with all these changes.

This puts PalmOne's Treo 650 in a different light.

It's like flip a coin time now.
    Actually do what I am doing. Buy both! Sprint offers a 14 day return so give them both a shot and keep the one you like.

Of course I have a feeling I'll like both and wind up with two phones!
    I will be interested to see which one is really AVAILABLE to the public first and when.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean18
    Remember all those price arguments? Many of you were WRONG!

Check this out... WiFi cards work too, Sprint states it in the description...

Well here is more proof of the close mindedness of Treocentral! I've never seen a thread moved out of 650 Hardware as fast as this one was moved.

Wow talk about Treoheads!!!

To borrow Ocean18's signature:

"I didn't think it was possible, but this actually sucks and blows."

Get your heads out your multi-connection slots Treocentral!
    Well, this IS "TREO Central" not "Gates-Sock-Puppet-Central". Most people here want to mostly talk about Treos! Gosh, go figure! I did try and save the thread by comparing prices, but too little, too late
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    ...did I miss something, or was there no mention in the Sprint page about EV-DO? I thought the CDMA PDA2K had it.....maybe it does and is just not mentioned because the network isn't up yet??
    Yes, but many of us are very interested in how the Treo 650 compares to the 6601, both from Sprint, both similar products, both released at same time. It is only logical that we want to hear about both.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Well, this IS "TREO Central" not "Gates-Sock-Puppet-Central". Most people here want to mostly talk about Treos! Gosh, go figure! I did try and save the thread by comparing prices, but too little, too late
    Yeah well it's reposted under "Sprint 650 and 6601 Avalability" under 650 hardware! Just tryinging my best to break through the censorship!
    As diehard a Treo guy I am there ARE other products out there and this thread belongs there as much as any other!
    Yes, but many of us are very interested in how the Treo 650 compares to the 6601, both from Sprint, both similar products, both released at same time. It is only logical that we want to hear about both.
    Amen Brother! JUst go to http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=61071
    Don't bet on the WiFi part! I'm sitting here looking at my Treo 600 box I got from Sprint last October. It says EXACTLY the same thing about WiFi and we all know how THAT turned out!
    ("Liar Liar Plants For Hire!", -Patrick from Spongbob Squarepants)
    Today, you can walk into any big computer store and buy a SD Wifi card for the pda2k. No "special" requirements. This is definatly NOT like the PalmOne situation.
    For 650:
    $349 (roadshow price) + $50 SD card (needed) - $150 Sprint credit = $249

how you gonna get the $150 sprint credit? The roadshow coupon is good through palm not from sprint.
    You can get only one discount.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12