Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Im switching alright, switching to the PDA2K Hehe

No antenna, wifi, better keyboard, better os, and huge screen?
    Multimedia is gonna rock. Watching movies have always sucked on the treo's small screen.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen23464

Multimedia is gonna rock. Watching movies have always sucked on the treo's small screen.

I'm still not sold on the PDA2K or whatever Sprint is gonna call their version. I'll have to see one in person to see if the size of the thing is gonna be a problem. Other than that, looks like a great device.
  3.    #3  
    Maby these pics will help with the sense of size of the PDA2K

Sold Yet?
  4.    #4  
    sprint service is faster than 56k, but slower than dsl.
    Maby these pics will help with the sense of size of the PDA2K

Sold Yet?
    Maybe! Time will tell...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    That PDA2k looks big and heavy even before sliding it, not no mention ugly. Is it just me?
    I think the major issue I would have with the PDA2K is Windows Mobile or whatever OS it uses. Here in Memphis, Sprint's service is awesome, (even the customer service is getting a little better. I said a little...), so staying with Sprint is a no-brainer. Dumping Palm OS would be a huge change for me. It's been great and never let me down, plus I've heard all the horror stories about Windows Mobile. I'll need a little time to play with a Windows Mobile device to see if it would work for me.

Better keyboard? laugh that's a first
  9.    #9  
    The key board is indeed better. There is more space to type, theres even a button just for internet explorer, and the buttons are slightly raised in the air for ease of use.

i have both devices in my hands right now, and the keyboard on the pda2k is DEFINITELY worse than the one on the treo. what i cant understand is why they had to raise those little dots on top of the bigger desginated button space instead of raising the entire space. either that, or have the buttons recess into the machine. regardless, not a single person ive spoken to who has the pda2k thinks its keyboard is better than the treos. some say theyre about even, most say the treo's is still more responsive and easier to type on if you use the edge of your thumb instead of your whole digit.
  11.    #11  
    i have both devices in my hands right now, and the keyboard on the pda2k is DEFINITELY worse than the one on the treo. what i cant understand is why they had to raise those little dots on top of the bigger desginated button space instead of raising the entire space. either that, or have the buttons recess into the machine. regardless, not a single person ive spoken to who has the pda2k thinks its keyboard is better than the treos. some say theyre about even, most say the treo's is still more responsive and easier to type on if you use the edge of your thumb instead of your whole digit.

spacehog, what device do you like better? I would like to hear your opinion.
    Details please, details.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I have to say the qwerty on the Treo rocks. Second is the PDA2K. I could type way faster and can do more. The PDA2K doesnt give you notification on the screen when FN is pressed or enabled. On the treo you would get a dot on the bottom left of the screen and a line under the dot when it was activated completely. I got to give props to PDA2K thou. Its a hell of a phone but sad to say Im selling mine to go back to Treo.
    well right now im using the pda2k because it can do a lot more than the treo out of the box. this doesnt necessarily mean im going to keep using it permanently. the main reason why id be reluctant to make this my primary phone of choice, is because it's not really a phone. i mean the thing packs a punch like not other convergent device, but when it comes down to basic functionality which should be simple and unconvluted, the imate fails imo. simple things like making phone calls and browsing through contacts, though simple, essentially requires stylus/finger input, whereas on the treo, i lost the stylus months ago and never bothered to replace it cause i never had the need to use it. one handed navigation is tied for most important feature of anmy mobile phone right next to outlook synchronisation for me.

aside from navigation which like i said i sometimes find a chore, the pda2k is awesome as a temporary laptop replacement. what i really like about it and where the palm falls short is the file system and management. with the palm, its a pain in the a$$ to download an app on the fly, you have to make sure it's just the .prc, you have to save it to the card if it's a .zip (only a fee browsers support this) and then you have to unzip using handzipper or something else. with the pda2k, you just save it directly to the card, either as a zip or a cab file, and you can install straight from the card simply by clicking on it. nothing could be easier.

so my recommendation would be:
    for those who need a phone in their pda, the pda2k is the clear choice. but those who want a super advanced phone, then it'll either have to be the treo or the imate sp3i. (i personally prefer the treo, but the sp3i is also pretty nifty)
    spacehog, you don't need to save zip files to the card first. Handzipper light (free) opens them straight from Blazer.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    yeah but its still unreliable and crashes at time. i tried it just yesterday with the new version fo 2day for the shsh.com site, and as soon as the file had done downloading, i was asked where i wanted to save it, i picked card and it crashed. so i lost the file and had to redownload it (which i didnt).
  16.    #16  
    thanx space hog,

I forgot to think about the easy use of the phone option.
    I had a treo 600 and that itself was a little annoying using as a phone.

How bout multimedia wise? Like watching movies and playing games?
    theyre both the same in terms of ease of use, except movies will obviously look better on the imate. if multimedia plays a large part of your decision, then the pda2k is definitely the right choice. on a side note, ive ditched the pda2k for its smaller cousin, the sp3i. im totally in love with this phone. it does it all, reliably, and is small enough to call a phone. definitely a keeper, replacing my t610.

I'm definitely trying the first wi-fi model from T-M or Sprint.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoff
    That PDA2k looks big and heavy even before sliding it, not no mention ugly. Is it just me?
    No, anyone with the gift of sight can come to that deduction....
    I have detailed files.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    One handed operation can be achieved on the ppc phones. The buttons are assignable to handle most everything one handed. It took me a few days but now I am just as comfortable with my hp 6315 as I was with my treo. As far as size, several people have already asked me where my phone was when I answered calls, as they saw only my bt headset. (it was in my back pocket )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast