Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is the right place to write this but here it goes. I have had the chance to use both iMATE PDA2K and TREO 600. I just sold my Treo 600 CDMA version and made the switch to PDA2K with Tmobile. After all this I have now put my PDA2K on ebay as of this morning

In case anyone is interested - Ebay Auction

I must say the PDA2K does ALOT!.. Coming from a palm OS at first I was kinda lost. I managed to move all my palm desktop items over to outlook and sync with activesync. I did after a few days feel overwelmed by everything the phone does but I did notice a few things it didnt do well. SMS for instance was a pain. It uses the same interface as email which isnt the best that Ive seen. The phone was somewhat lacking if you ask me. I had to download another application to make it easier and friendlier to navigate, especially with one hand.

I guess you can say I had Treo withdrawls but nonetheless Im planning on coming back to Treo in the form of a 650 very soon. PDA2K for me was just a bit to much. It has tons of potential thou.
    Could you post some indoor pics taken with the PDA2K?
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Not sure if this is the right place to write this but here it goes. I have had the chance to use both iMATE PDA2K and TREO 600. I just sold my Treo 600 CDMA version and made the switch to PDA2K with Tmobile. After all this I have now put my PDA2K on ebay as of this morning

In case anyone is interested - Ebay Auction

I must say the PDA2K does ALOT!.. Coming from a palm OS at first I was kinda lost. I managed to move all my palm desktop items over to outlook and sync with activesync. I did after a few days feel overwelmed by everything the phone does but I did notice a few things it didnt do well. SMS for instance was a pain. It uses the same interface as email which isnt the best that Ive seen. The phone was somewhat lacking if you ask me. I had to download another application to make it easier and friendlier to navigate, especially with one hand.

I guess you can say I had Treo withdrawls but nonetheless Im planning on coming back to Treo in the form of a 650 very soon. PDA2K for me was just a bit to much. It has tons of potential thou.
    Nobody is forcing you to use all the features if you don't want to.
    A lot of people live hapily with built in apps never adding new software to it.

But most people buy PDA2K because what it can do. (wifi, GPS driving/mapping apps for traveling, advance audio (voice dictionary, voicedial, capability, etc)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Nobody is forcing you to use all the features if you don't want to.
    A lot of people live hapily with built in apps never adding new software to it.
    Exactly.. Never knew I was forced to use those features either. But as a user I would like to share this with the rest. Im sure a majority out there look for new software and applications to enhance there PDA experience.
    I'm very interested in PDA2K experience versus the 650. You definitely don't go into great detail about why you chose one over the other, though it sounds like it was difficult for you to decide.

I'd be interested to know a little more. Not having used the PDA2K, I can only guess that it wasn't quite as straightforward to use for everyday functions, but i think I'm willing to try
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    The phone was somewhat lacking if you ask me. I had to download another application to make it easier and friendlier to navigate, especially with one hand.
    As another member of the Treo-to-PDA2k camp, I'm just curious as to what navigation application you installed. After using the PDA2k for about a week, I would have to say that the navigation issue is my only serious qualm with the device. If you found some software which helps, please share!!

David
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Could you post some indoor pics taken with the PDA2K?
    Someone posted a ton of pictures, most taken with the PDA2k, on HoFo -- look for the topic in the PPC forum with "Salem" or "Haloween" in the title. Don't think you'll be too impressed with the camera, however. Pretty comprable to the T600.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Here are some pics I took last nite while waiting for trick o treat'rs.. The lighting wasnt too low. It seems to handle low light well at least ALOT better than the T600. I used to get tons of blue dots and white wash on my T6. Im still in the process of switching over to another device as my PDA2K isnt what I want. Overkill..
    Last edited by damigs; 10/31/2008 at 12:20 PM.
    Are those pictures or did you paint those?

Kidding of course.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    I gotta say I'm alittle dissapointed in the camera on this thing. I have definitely take better pictures on my 600 in similar conditions. And the 650 looks to better that. I'm just not sure which way to go now.
    Quote Originally Posted by davpel
    Someone posted a ton of pictures, most taken with the PDA2k, on HoFo -- look for the topic in the PPC forum with "Salem" or "Haloween" in the title. Don't think you'll be too impressed with the camera, however. Pretty comprable to the T600.
    actually there were only about 15 taken with the PDA2k.. Most of them were with his digital camera (the ones that look good) Sounds like he used the thing to the max on the trip and was very impressed overall though.
    I keep going back and forth....right now I guess I am leaning towards the Treo because I use Cingular and the 650 has the Edge...and those pictures are just not doing it from the PDA2K. I don't use my camera much, but if I am going to lug one around I want it to take better pictures then the PDA2K seems to take.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Once the T650 comes out we will have to see just how good it takes indoor pics. I think the PDA2K takes fairly decent shots. So if the T650 is near that quality or better.. Great!
    Agreed...but the waiting sucks.