Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Lets face it the keyboard on the PPC can not compare with the Treo's (now flatter an wider). The screen size on the Treo is too small. The PPC is too large. Not enough memory, No Wifi... on and on.

So for the future a device is needed which will conquer the combination of Maximized Battery, Screen, Keyboard and CPU/Processor area.

The design challenge is to allow for the each area to be the largest possible in a box under 4.5 X 3 X 2 or the size of a pack of cigarettes. And allow for the customer to choose between what every OS they wish to use.

We should have the ability to upgrade or replace parts by going down to FRYs or CompUSA. Snapon and extra 64meg or memory or telephoto lens. Install then new dual and WIFI or upgrade your screen.

So the PPC’s form factor IMO will win in the long term.
    Last edited by g.711; 10/31/2004 at 05:09 AM.
    What have you been smoking my friend? Although these things you speak of are no doubt possible, they are highly unlikely in the real world. The PPC's form factor is excelent for just that... a Pocket PC. The Treo is a phone first and foremost; your speaking about two different realms and comparing them as if same.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    What have you been smoking my friend? Although these things you speak of are no doubt possible, they are highly unlikely in the real world. The PPC's form factor is excelent for just that... a Pocket PC. The Treo is a phone first and foremost; your speaking about two different realms and comparing them as if same.

Thats what Xerox told Billy Gates.
    I I know it is kinda out there but so was the Treo concept.
    I guess the point is for the hardware MFGs to be flexible. And fully user oriented. That is what make the PPC66 such a nice alternative they are trying to meet our needs. Check out this extra feature they provide.

IMAT CLUB

They are taking the PalmOne model to the next level; live online support.