Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just talked with Business Sales (call them @ 888.312.0050 and ask yourselves.)

I know I, for one, will be the first in line for this device.

Any one else????
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    I just talked with Business Sales (call them @ 888.312.0050 and ask yourselves.)

I know I, for one, will be the first in line for this device.

Any one else????

How much?
    If the Sprint version had WiFi, I'd get it and eBay my GSM model due to Sprint's excellent coverage and faster data speeds. But no WiFi is a killer. Plus, to be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath about November 1st. Didn't someone also say that Business Sales said November 1st for the Treo 650 too? Two big phones on the same day. That's quite a day
    Wifi can always be added with an SD card. The Sprint version of the PDA2k will be $629 which is much cheaper than the PDA2k... use the difference in price to buy a wifi card!

I'll be ordering it as well... but I'll also probably order a T650 to use for comarison and return the one I dont like
  5.    #5  
    they said middle of November for both camera and camera-less versions of Treo 650.
    I did the WiFi card thing with the XDA II. No more. Using a WiFi card means you have to take out the SD memory card, losing access to all those programs, documents etc while using the WiFi. Once you have a device with WiFi, Bluetooth and phone all built into one device, you won't want anything less.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck
    I did the WiFi card thing with the XDA II. No more. Using a WiFi card means you have to take out the SD memory card, losing access to all those programs, documents etc while using the WiFi. Once you have a device with WiFi, Bluetooth and phone all built into one device, you won't want anything less.
    Not if you are using a WiFi + SD Card combo. But it is true that it is not as convenient. I for one am OK with it because for me... sprint is cheaper both for the phone and service. (Overall... I save at least $300 by staying with sprint). The only unlimited data service on GSM is Tmobile and they wont have either the 650 or PDA2k for a long time. Plus, coverage in the DC area is crap and the data speeds are mediocre. Even EDGE will be slow compared to EVDO
    Sorry what about happened to TREOcentral! topics should be about Treo products. if you want to compare then post in that topic. If you want to talk about it try howardforums.com (i think thats correct)
    Copperfield-

This is amazing if true. "They" were saying that initially Sprint would offer the camera-less version. Do you know if this has changed and both will be offered at once?
  10.    #10  
    The rep looked in the compuer, told me both 6600 and 6601 would be available on Nov. 1st. I specifically asked about the camera and cameraless version and he said both would be available at the same time; just like the Treo 650.

I just called and got the same store twice from the phone number I posted before.

Any one else call?
    pda2k . . . ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz.

get this crap off TC

im tired of u microsoft people not posting in the correct message board (here's a hint - "Other"), actually the wrong forum all together.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    wtf it just pops up at sprint. that is really weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts

get this crap off TC

im tired of u microsoft people not posting in the correct message board (here's a hint - "Other"), actually the wrong forum all together.

As far as I know this is the correct forum...and how would you learn about new products if you couldn't post anything besides Treo related threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts

get this crap off TC

Translation: My Mind is Closed. I Am A Treo Drone.
    If You Are Not A Treo I Do Not See or Hear You.
    You Will Be ASSimilated.
    Resistance is Futile.
    Dictatorships Are Nice.
    Adolph and Stalin Are My Heroes.
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    here's a good pic dealing with size:
    Last edited by Tekara; 10/29/2004 at 09:09 PM.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I spoke to someone in business sales and he confirmed it would be out sometime the week of Nov 1st... so maybe not Nov 1st but that week
    This apparently is the camera-less version.
    NOT YET!!

Stupid sprint... I just spoke to a rep that confirmed that it was supposed to come out... but it got pushed back. The rumor is that they are waiting for shipments to go to the stores first... not sure if I buy that tho
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    This apparently is the camera-less version.
    That is correct, the ppc6601 is the cameraless version that is supposed to be available through business connections department only. the ppc6600 due out in december is the camera version that will be available for general consumption.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast